PDA

View Full Version : New City "Minimum Care Requirement"

Freedom
05-23-2008, 10:11 PM
We have a new city ordinance on the books.

The minimum care requirements are to be determined based on the Tufts Animal Care and Condition Scale. I have never heard of it before, but found it easily with a search.

http://www.animalsheltering.org/resource_library/magazine_articles/jul_aug_1998/body_condition.pdf

The scale is used to assess the overall quality of an animal's living condition.
Just thought I'd share.

Another change: Those walking their pets must have with them a bag, shovel, glove or other device to pick up after their pets. Before this change, we were only required to pick up after our pets. So now we have to have the means to do that with us.

Have to admit when I first got Sugar (my first dog in over 18 years), I took her for a walk a few times and forgot the bag; had to go back to pick up, which I did do! I didn't go straight home, though, just continued our walk. Now I have a "bags on board" clipped on the leashes, so I am always covered, even if I forget to put some bags in my pocket.

lute
05-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Looks pretty good to me. I wish we had some sort of regulations where I live.

K9karen
05-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Sure wish we had that ordinance here, although I do have to say that the people that walk their dogs in my neighborhood are excellent picker-uppers.

I have pick up bags in my handbag, glove compartment and always put some in my pockets for good measure when I'm out with the Princezz

Freedom
05-24-2008, 08:29 AM
that's why I posted it here, to get it more widely known.

These measures were put forward by our ACO!