PDA

View Full Version : Bobby & Tuppence are FOUND

Freedom
04-12-2008, 07:00 PM
This afternoon about 5:30 I opened some windows. About half an hour later, the neighbor came over to say one screen was not down and cats were jumping out!

I shut the screen and we ran around and got 4 cats in: Sparkle, Crystal, Ebony and Chaplin. Then I put food in the bowls to see how many were in the house.

Bobby and Tuppence did not show up for the food. :(

They COULD be in the house, or down cellar. With the neighbor here the dogs were barking and that usually sends the cats into hiding.

It is dark out now, and since both Bobby & Tuppence are primarily black with very little white, we won't be able to see them. They are the 2 who are most skittish, Tuppence will not even permit me to touch her yet.

So please pray that they show up, either in the house or outside soon!

Neither one has a collar on. :eek: I know, Phred TOLD me to put all the collars back on a few weeks back; I didn't. Ugh.

I've been all around the house and made certain that ALL the screens are down, now.

phesina
04-12-2008, 07:14 PM
We are saying our prayers that Bobby and Tuppence are home safe and sound soon.

Love,
Pat and cats

Freedom
04-12-2008, 07:26 PM
They are both sitting on my bed. No idea where they were hiding.

Thanks so much!

kimlovescats
04-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Thank God, they are safe at home! Now take a deep breath! ;)

Catty1
04-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh my goodness, how CAT is that?

"We were right here, Mom. You kinda disturbed our nap with all the running around and fretting." ;)

I wonder if, as soon as a dog barked, they leapt RIGHT back in!

Glad everyone is safe. :)

inlovewithanimals
04-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Sandra,
I guess the cats are nothing like lacey she is so attached to you jeez laweez why cant the kitties be like that?

rg_girlca
04-12-2008, 11:27 PM
OMG what a scary situation. :eek: I am so happy that all your cats are home safe and sound now. What a relief.

I bet you will be putting those collars on now. Seriously though, I pray that this never happens again. Once is enough.

Pam
04-13-2008, 06:40 AM
They are both sitting on my bed. No idea where they were hiding.

Thanks so much!

Yep I agree with Catty1! That is soooo cat! :D I remember a long time ago feeling that Trevor had to have gotten out because I couldn't find him anywhere. He is actually afraid of the outside and goes away from an open door but that boy seemed to evaporate into thin air. He magically appeared after me going through all three floors of the house. I almost think he was smiling to himself when I found him as if to say *I was only playing hide and seek Mom and I hid real good!* :p

Freedom
04-13-2008, 08:17 AM
I guess it is a Spring time hazard, as the screens go up for the Winter so as not to 'block' the view. :rolleyes: New screens are so 'invisible' it is tricky to tell if they are up or down. What a worrisome few hours that was last night. whew!

Scooter's Mom
04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I am so glad you located them both!
Our kitties sure do put some years on our age sometimes don't they?

momcat
04-13-2008, 12:39 PM
What a relief to know that Bobby and Tuppence are safe and sound! We live in a small apartment and once in awhile Groucho is whereabouts unknown. He's strictly an indoor kitty but Soncat and I go crazy looking for him both inside and out. It seems like kitties are able to find the darndest hiding places that are impossible for us hoomins to find.

Muddy4paws
04-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I just finished PM'in you!

You 2 boys sounds like a comedy duo :D Next time when mum calls you for dinner you should really go and eat!

Felicia's Mom
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Glad they were found.

mruffruff
04-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Good to hear they are found.

I don't trust screens to keep my cats inside. I have had them push the screening out. Now I slip an old oven rack in the space between the bottom window and the screen. It doesn't attach to anything, but keeps the cats from ripping or pushing out the screening.

phesina
04-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh, those little scamps!

Thank God!

catmandu
04-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Thats great news that the Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad stopped them before they could get out. You must have breathed a sigh of relief ,
to see that your Little Ones were safe and well!!

Freedom
04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
The real "sight to see" must have been when the 4 'escapees' went jumping out the window! :eek: Must have looked like a circus act. :rolleyes: Thank goodness we got those 4 in in about half an hour.