PDA

View Full Version : Insane weather!

Pam
02-18-2008, 09:30 AM
I am off today and doing some cleaning. I just had to open the windows because I am sweating! It is supposed to go up to 65 degrees here today and it is humid. I am just outside of Philly. I just can't believe this is happening on February 18th! It's only going up to 42 tomorrow so I guess I'd better enjoy it now! How's your weather?

cloverfdx
02-18-2008, 09:54 AM
We are getting one last (well i hope last) attempt at summer. It got up to 34C/ 93F yesterday, and today is going to be about the same. Then it is dropping back to showers and 20C/ 68F for the rest of the week... bring on Autumn ;).

catnapper
02-18-2008, 10:08 AM
We're outside Philly in the opposite direction and its warm and humid here too. Only we're being poured upon at the moment. I'm wearing a short sleeved sweater to work today -- just a few days ago I was so cold at work that I wrapped up in a throw blanket from one of the livingroom set-ups

Taz_Zoee
02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
It is about 9:40am here and it is still a little ugly out, but I'm sure it will burn off later. At least that's how it's gone the past two days. It's supposed to get in the 60's today and then starting tomorrow and through the week we are to have more rain. :( I'm glad I've taken Zoee to the park each day (and will today too) this long weekend. :)

Christiansmommy
02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
It's 65ish here too!! I love it! Wish it was this weather all year round!! Any state have 65 degree weather all year!??! LOL! I'm moving there if they do!!

I have opened some windows to air out the house, there is nothing like fresh air blowing inside after having the windows closed all winter long!!

Karen
02-18-2008, 12:34 PM
It's warm here - 62 degrees - and remember, I'm just West of Boston, so well north of you Philly folks - so the snow that was on the ground from last week is dissolving into fog. I do not expect it to last long.

lizbud
02-18-2008, 12:50 PM
I guess you guys are getting the weather we had here yesterday. It felt
like Spring. :) Today we are back to normal weather in the 30s & had light
snow this morning. Enjoy it while you can.

Pam
02-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I guess you guys are getting the weather we had here yesterday. It felt
like Spring. :) Today we are back to normal weather in the 30s & had light
snow this morning. Enjoy it while you can.

Well, Liz, I guess we have you to thank for it. :p

I just opened the window and a FLY few in. Shouldn't they be hybernating or something? :rolleyes: This gets crazier by the minute! :eek: :D

lvpets2002
02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
;) MMmm Need you ask about Texas :rolleyes: .. Crazy as ever.. 30 & 40s one day & 70 & 80s the next day.. I want some Snow please..

Medusa
02-18-2008, 06:37 PM
It was 57 yesterday. Today we had freezing rain and tonight it's going down to 17. And I wonder why my sinuses are confused.

Cincy'sMom
02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
50's yesterday, snow today! I love Ohio! (NOT!) can't wait to get on that airplane and head to the west coast in Saturday!!

Rachel
02-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, it's 14 degrees here and I'm getting a bit tired of this cold so

I'm sending it on EAST. :p

CountryWolf07
02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
I am getting real tired of this winter in Ohio. I cannot wait until Spring so it will warm up again. I dislike getting up in the morning, feeling like I just want to stay in bed because I have been warm all night then I HAVE to get out just to start my day. Blah.

K9karen
02-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Well, it's 14 degrees here and I'm getting a bit tired of this cold so

I'm sending it on EAST. :p

Oh yeah? Well, girl, I'm dragging you along with it!! :p

First time in decades..AAACCHOOOOOO! AAAACCCHHOOOOO! AAACCHHOOO! Off to buy more tissues for my faucet nose

Freedom
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Yesterday (when this thread was started) we hit 61.
Today's high was mid 40's.
Tomorrow we are getting a snow storm. :rolleyes: The predicted high is 21 and the predicted low is 19.

Walked around the house today; my daffodils have popped through the ground!!
The leaves are up about 2 inches.

I am as confused as Ozzy, and THAT is MIGHTY confused!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-20-2008, 12:38 PM
We had a beautiful day here yesterday with highs in the 50s. It's still a beautiful day today but the highs are only in the 20s. Tonight and tomorrow we are in for freezing rain and sleet: 2 - 4 inches possible. We are under a winter storm watch! :(

I WANT SPRING AND I WANT IT NOW!!! WHAAAAAAAA!!!! :D

Taz_Zoee
02-20-2008, 01:55 PM
This weekend - beautiful weather. Yesterday - RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. Today - beautiful again.
I'm so confused!! :confused:

Pam
02-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Snow is falling now, two days after the start of this thread when we were having a *heat wave.* It isn't expected to be much - maybe an inch but it's just crazy. I wonder where the flies have gone now (aside from the one that most likely has died somewhere inside my house! :p )

lizbud
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Snow is falling now, two days after the start of this thread when we were having a *heat wave.* It isn't expected to be much - maybe an inch but it's just crazy. I wonder where the flies have gone now (aside from the one that most likely has died somewhere inside my house! :p )

I warned ya. :p very cold here now with wild, crazy winds. We did get
about 2 inch snow fall last night.

Jessika
02-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Today was FREEEEEZING here!!! It hasn't been super warm or anything but we have been having pleasant weather considering it's still February and then today... BAM. Like hitting an ice wall- literally! lol

momoffuzzyfaces
02-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Weird weather here today: thunder, lightening, freezing rain, and sleet. We are to get the snow later today. Everything but sunshine.

It's slicker than goober snot out there!!! :eek:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-21-2008, 11:19 AM
You think you guys got it bad? It was -22*F this morning.

I HAAATE WISCONSIN!

*pouts for a while*

Alright. I'm over it. =]

gemini9961
02-21-2008, 11:26 AM
It's warm here in FL, come on down.

Current: 75°F
Wind Speed: VRB6 MPH
Humidity: 68%

:)

Taz_Zoee
02-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Posted 2/20/08:

This weekend - beautiful weather. Yesterday - RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. Today - beautiful again.
I'm so confused!! :confused:
Today it is raining again. This is crazy on the emotions, lol. I don't mind rain and I love sunshine, but to go back and forth each day.....GRRRR!! :mad:
I guess I should just be glad I do not have to deal with snow or ice. I wouldn't do well with that kind of weather. I don't mind visiting it, but I wouldn't want to live in it.
That's it! I'm packing my bags and going to Florida. Marti I'm coming to visit you!! LOL (geez, I wish!!!)

Pam
02-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Weird weather here today: thunder, lightening, freezing rain, and sleet. We are to get the snow later today. Everything but sunshine.

It's slicker than goober snot out there!!! :eek:

MOFF, All I can say is W :eek: W!! I know you will take all of that mess over a tornado any day! :) We are supposed to be getting an ice/snow/sleet storm/rain early tomorrow morning. I guess Liz and Rachel are sending that one! :p

pitc9
02-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Here in NE Ohio it's back to winter (for how long... who knows!)
Today's high is 25F and oh lookie.. it's 24F right now!
With the wind chill it feels like 8F.

If you want to believe the weather people, it's not supposed to go above 40F for the next week! Wow.. maybe the 3" of snow that's on the ground now will stay around for a little while. We're expecting another 3" of snow by tomorrow night. PAWS CROSSED!!