PDA

View Full Version : Cat with 28 toes could set Guinness record

zippy-kat
08-17-2002, 04:44 PM
Cat with 28 toes could set Guinness record
Canadian Press
Aug. 16, 2002 11:00:00

PRINCE GEORGE, Canada - A manx cat that narrowly escaped death by euthanasia now has a chance at getting in the Guinness Book of Records. Bobbi has 28 toes, said owner Kathy Williams.

"The record to date is a cat with 27 toes," said Williams, who lives at Stone Creek just south of Prince George.

She took Bobbi to the Prince George Veterinary Clinic where a staff member counted 28 toes, but it must be authenticated by a veterinarian statement to go along with the application to the Guinness Book of Records.

She met Bobbi three years ago when she was volunteering for the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals shelter in Prince George and learned the cat was to be put down because of a heart condition.

"I pled his case and ended up adopting him," said Williams, who has since learned the condition minor.

The next step toward fame for Bobbi is for Williams to gather the correct information through photos, clippings and medical documentation.

She said the Guinness people are showing a lot of interest, as are the people who know him.

"He loves people, but he's getting tired of having his toes counted," Williams said. "It's not easy to do because you lose count easily with him moving around."

krazyaboutkatz
08-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Wow :eek: that sure is a lot of toes. Are there any pictures of him? That would be neat to see. Thanks for posting the story. :)

gini
08-18-2002, 11:17 AM
This made me think about how proud I was to be able to clip just a few of Rascal's toenails. What a challenge Bobbi would be!

I hope he makes it into the Guinness Record book!

zippy-kat
08-18-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Wow :eek: that sure is a lot of toes. Are there any pictures of him? That would be neat to see. Thanks for posting the story. :)

I didn't see any pictures--it would be kinda neat to see, tho!