PDA

View Full Version : Moving Out Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!

catlover32648
01-16-2008, 09:00 PM
What Would You Ladies Do If You Have To Move Out Your House Because The Landlord Don't Want You Living There Because You Have Cats??? Would You Give Up Your Cats?? Or Would You Find A Another Home To Live With Them Forever???????

Laura's Babies
01-16-2008, 09:16 PM
That's a no brainer! I would move, even if I had to live in a shack!

Emeraldgreen
01-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd definitely move out. Every home I've ever had since I was 18 has been chosen so it's suitable for my animals. They're my family. :)
Hope you are able to find a wonderful new home. Who knows, maybe it will be 10 times better than your current place. Here's hoping!

Taz_Zoee
01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
My pets are my children, so I'd make sure I could live somewhere that they could be with me.
Did you not have them when you moved in? Why all of the sudden are they kicking you out? Did you sign a contract of some kind regarding pets?

Catlady711
01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Is this a hypothetical question or are you being forced out of your home?

If it's just hypothetical, I'd move, and get a letter of recommendation from the landlord. He already knows I have cats and has no problem with it (although last he knew I only had 5) and knows we take good care of the house and the cats.

If it's a real situation then I'd check your lease to see if it forbid owning cats in the first place. If it doesn't say either way or does allow cats, then I'd pursue that with him with a landlord tenant lawyer. If it does then you are out of luck.

kt_luvs_kitties
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I HAVE been in this situation... I moved, cats came as well!

orangemm
01-17-2008, 04:40 AM
If they don't want my cats, I don't want them. I would be GONE.

moosmom
01-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Would you move and leave your children behind??????? I rest my case. My cats ARE my family and wherever I go THEY go. PERIOD.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I would move out to another place as soon as possible!! And I would make myself very sure that this new landlord is accepting pets: I would put it on the lease!!

Anikaca77
01-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I would always take my childern with me. I love them to death.

catmandu
01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
I MOVED INTO THE FOUND CAT HOTEL, BECUAE I WANTED THE CTAS, THEN ONLY SCRAPPY, MICHAEL AND MY PRINCESS TO HAVE A HOUSE. BUT ALO THE SUPER SAID THAT THE BUILDING MIGHT ASK ME TO GET RID OF THE CATS, BECAUSE THEY COULD CHARGEA NEW TENNANT MORE MONEY FOR THE PARTMENT, AN EXTRA 2 %.
I ACTUALLY AM GRATEFUL BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME THE INCENTIVE TO BUY A HOME, AND I WAS ABLE TOO HELP SO MANY PORCH CATS, AND TAKE IN ALL MY FOUND CAT COMPANIONS.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

catlover32648
01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
See the problem with me is that i dont work, im only 17 i live with my parents.. but my parents been living in that apartment for already 21 years, and I got my cats last year 2006 going to 07.. the owner used to see them because he lives downstairs,from me but never said nothing. So in jan 2008 he gives my mom a leash saying no pets?????????? can he do that???????????????? I didnt know he could do that... So now he wants me to take my cats out.. and i raised them i do not want to put them in a shelter nor give them awayy i rather live in the streets with if worst came to worst lol... but I am not giving them away.. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO LADIESS?? TO AVOID HIM ?? OR TAKE HIM TO COURT??? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPP

Craftlady
01-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately, landlords can say "no pets" or "limited number of pets".
You can offer to pay extra for the pets (pet deposit) to pay for any damages etc that may occur. He can take YOU to court for not following the rules. Kinda of hard to avoid someone that lives downstairs from you.

catlover32648
01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
OO WOW.. so then what do I do?? I don't want to give them awayy..

rg_girlca
01-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't know much about the tenant/landlord law, but if he saw that you had cats last year and said nothing and it wasn't mentioned at all in the lease, "No Animals", then I don't see how he can all of a sudden, turn around and change the lease for this year. BUT, if it was stated in your lease "No Animals allowed", then unfortunately you have no case. What do your parents say about this?

Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Karen
01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Check any old leases your parents have. If there was no mention of "no pets" on previous leases, you have a case to argue for a grandfather clause, so that you could keep your currents pets, but get no more. This is certainly worth checking - for your parents, and they can go from there.

moosmom
01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
THat's just what I was thinking, Karen.