PDA

View Full Version : my kitty forgot me

giztig2crazy
08-12-2002, 01:29 PM
i went to the states for three weeks and when i came back to japan my kitty weemed to have forgotton me. he wont sit in my lap anymore. what can i do? im so sad,he seems to like my mom and dad more than his owner,me!!:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2002, 01:45 PM
Don't worry, he'll come back to you. You're just something new again that he has to get used to again. I'm sure once you're home for a few days he'll be right back in your lap. :) Hope you had a nice trip!

Edwina's Secretary
08-12-2002, 04:56 PM
My kitty, Edwina, always pouts when I have been away. After a few days she "forgives" me and all is back to normal. She probably wants you to give her extra attention to make up for what she missed!

popcornbird
08-12-2002, 06:30 PM
:eek: :eek: I didn't know pets could forget you! I left my birds last year when we went on vacation for more than a month and when we returned they were sooooooooo happy! They kept giving us kisses and snuggling with us and refusing to get off our shoulders! I think your cat will remember you again but my birds never forgot me! In fact, they miss me so much when we go on vacation that they look thin when we return! :( Then when they come home they get happy and start eating well again, and soon become their chubby cute selves! :D:D

Fuzzy317
08-12-2002, 07:03 PM
I think part of the "forgetting" is after you have been away, you come back smelling a little different. Your clothes, even your hair, may smell a little foreign to your kitty. He should come around in time.

NoahsMommy
08-12-2002, 08:05 PM
I think they also get "mad" you left. I know mine get a little bit of an attitude if we leave for a little while....

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2002, 11:17 PM
Don't worry your cat just needs a little time to become used to you again. Good luck.

giztig2crazy
08-13-2002, 03:32 AM
thanx you guys, but its been over a month now since i got back and he still doesnt like me as much. he likes my brother alot now:mad: i miss the way he used to act to me and the way he used to cuddle with me. do you think its because hes gettin older now? any more help and advice or any reasurring words?

NoahsMommy
08-13-2002, 11:38 AM
Kitty's do that sometimes...I'm sure he'll come back to you eventually. I wolud try playing with him a lot. If that doesn't work, ignoring them works!! Noah does the same thing to me! If I'm gone for a few days and my hubby is there Noah pretends to like him more than me. (I swear he is pretending! :) ) After I finish loving him to death and not getting anywhere, I decided to ignore him....it only took at few hours and I had my old Noah back. Cats are so coy sometimes! :)

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 10:35 AM
NoahsMommy is right they do it all the time to me i do the same thing it always works for :D