PDA

View Full Version : Leaving today!

DJFyrewolf36
12-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Well the truck is almost packed and after a few tying of loose ends and visiting my parents one last time we are making the trek up to Oregon. I am kind of homesick already, pretty much the only reason is because I know Im going to miss my parents. Ive only lived more than an hour away once before and thats when I was in military college. I suppose this is better as Im closer this time and I'll be able to visit more than three times a year :D Portland to Reno flights are rather cheap even still and my musical endevors are sure to take me this way quite a bit in the near future.

Im not completely leaving my parents and the environment in Oregon is nicer (not as hot, and Im not allergic to the plants there lol) I guess just doing something radically different is kind of scary. Its awesome at the same time though. Myself or Wenisrubber will post some pix soonly of the kitties. Hopefully they get along!
Wish us luck on our journey, I'll post when I get everything situated :)

Taz_Zoee
12-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Good luck on the move! :)
I know, I hate change, so I understand what you are going through.

Randi
12-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Best of luck with your move, I hope you'll like it in Oregon. It's only natural to be homesick, but you'll soon get settled and feel OK, and the kitties will be fine too. :)

Sevaede
12-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Just thought I'd update...

Fyrewolf and crew have not arrived yet. I have not heard from them, yet. Though, there is still a bit of rain around so they might have had to stop somewhere for the night.

I will update when they get here. :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I hope you have a safe trip and a smooth move. I'm sure that once you're settled in that you'll feel much better about the move. Good luck.:)

Medusa
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
You'll do great. Think of it as an adventure and don't be afraid of anything. My son moved from OH to CA and he didn't know a soul there. Just packed up everything and drove cross country. That was 10 years ago and he's never looked back. You'll be closer to your family and that's one thing that he does wish was the case w/him. But he's home visiting right now and we're counting our blessings. I'll say a special prayer for you and wish you much success in your musical endeavors. My son is in show business (stand up comedy) and it's a tough row to hoe but a fun one, too. Please keep us posted on your success. :)

Karen
12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
We'll all be thinking of you! New adventures await!

Catty1
12-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Waiting for news and updates and PICTURES! :D

Sevaede
12-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Okay, a bunch of snow fell and they were not able to leave as soon as planned. Thankfully, the snow is melting and U Haul tacked on a couple of free days. So, they should be here relatively soon! :D

dukedogsmom
12-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh, I love Oregon! I hope you'll like it, too. I've never been anywhere except the coast at Bandon and Coos Bay. I hope you won't be too homesick.

cloverfdx
12-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Goodluck hun, you will be in my thoughts for a safe trip {{hugs}}.