PDA

View Full Version : Black Bookends - CUTENESS WARNING!!! UPDATE 12/6/07

moosmom
12-04-2007, 02:01 PM
These two are SOOOOOO ready to go!!! I took more pictures that I think will draw prospective adoptees.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3347.jpg?t=1196798285

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3346.jpg?t=1196798344

Mama needs a break, and is scheduled to be spayed on the 13th.

Watching those two is remarkable. I just wish I had a videocam.

caffeitina
12-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Awwwwwwww!!! They're adorable! How some ignorant people can believe black cats are bad luck baffle me....especially when those black cats are two cuties like this! (these kitties are sure to bring nothing but love and happiness wherever they go) :D

moosmom
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
We're going to try and place them together. They are very bonded and I think it would be in their best interest if they stayed together. We'll see.

Mama would make it in a quiet home. Possibly even another cat if they're properly introduced. Mama isn't crazy about being picked up, but I think that'll get better with time.

Laura's Babies
12-04-2007, 02:38 PM
OMG!! THis one needed a double cuteness warning. THAT is simply priceless! If those pictures don't steal a heart, nothing will....they sure have stole mine!!! Man! I wish I could have 2 more babies like that, ooooooooo! That would be so much fun and cuteness! LOOK at those BIG eyes!!! They are just to adoreable!!!!!!!!

Randi
12-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Aww, I'm glad we got a cuteness warning, they are ADORABLE!! I do hope they will find a home together. :)

orangemm
12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Too cute for words!!! Black cats are WONDERFUL! I have been lucky enough to have had two black lovebugs. These guys look so adorable that someone will snatch them up in no time!

I am in love!

Freedom
12-04-2007, 03:30 PM
TWINS! Well, close. They are TOO CUTE!!! Great photos.

How some ignorant people can believe black cats are bad luck baffle me

It's so odd, s black cats are considered GOOD luck in England!

catmandu
12-04-2007, 05:05 PM
ITS SO DELIGHTFUL TO SEE THOSE LITTLE BLACK CATS OF THE FUTURE
AND ITS HARD TO REALIZE THAT MY 20 POUND TUBSTER PANTHER WAS ONCE THAT SMALL.
WE HOPE THAT SOMEWHERE A CAT LOVER TO BE IS FALLING IN LOVE WITH THOSE ELEGANT EBONIES!!!
:cool: :D ;) :cool: :D ;) :cool: :D ;) :cool:

caffeitina
12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
It's so odd, s black cats are considered GOOD luck in England!

Guess it's just an odd supersitsion that's over here in the States. Sounds like the English have a much better outlook on black kitties.

Personally I love black cats. I always wanted to get one and name it Lucky, just for the irony factor...and I almost did too. One of Luna's litter-mates (a little male cat) and her dad were black cats...but then I saw Luna Cat and looked into her big blue eyes and it was love at first sight. I'd have actually liked to have taken both, but it was probably best I didn't. Howard having to share his territory with another male wouldn't have been a good thing. It's bad enough that Luna took the role of Alpha Cat. lol.

Actually, it turned out all right for Luna's little brother. The farm/rescue I adopted her from decided to keep him, and now he's living the good life too.

Medusa
12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
My Boo bear is a handsome blackie and I love 'em. Your two are real cutie pies!

Killearn Kitties
12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
What cuties! Have I missed photos of these babies before?
Very best of luck in finding a wonderful home for them.

Laura's Babies
12-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I have always heard that black cats bring their owners good luck and I have had great luck with all of mine and the love that they give is amazing!!! Velcro babies for sure!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/stateorn19MA18377843-0047.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2007, 12:39 AM
They're both adorable and I sure hope that they'll find their purrfect home together soon.:) I sure do miss my black cat Pepper.

moosmom
12-05-2007, 09:44 AM
We're trying very hard to place them together. Our cut off date of adopting for December 15th and we start adopting again after the 3rd of January.

I have a home for one of the girls. A great home in Newtown. He's going to get Violet if they can't be placed together. I'm still waiting on a phone call.

catnapper
12-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Oh Donna, that first picture is something you'd see on a calendar! I'd take both of them in a split second if I could!

kimlovescats
12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Donna, they are absolutely ADORABLE! They are going to be beautiful grown kitties! You have done an excellent job with them! THANK YOU for taking them in!!! :D

moosmom
12-06-2007, 03:30 PM
The babies (Violet and Petunia) have gone to a vet tech's house. I don't have to take them back when I'm done house/cat sitting in Hartford. The babies are about 8 weeks old and need alot of space to run. I don't feel right leaving them in my small bathroom for a week, coming in every other day to care for them. The mama is okay with it. She can eat the same time my cats do. It makes it so much easier regarding travel and gas prices.

I know they're being cared for.

sasvermont
12-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Wow, could I use a couple of crazy little kittens to distract me from life's stresses, like right now! Their faces are so adorable. I wish I could be the one taking care of them for awhile. I need some kittens for oh, about, a week.... What would my cats think? They would be amused for awhile, then it would be hell. Too many cats........

Donna, they are so precious. Thanks for taking such good care of em! As well as the mom cat!

:cool:

shais_mom
12-06-2007, 11:08 PM
oh my... they are adorable! :D

moosmom
12-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Mama is doing well. She's purring alot more, meows (she didn't before) and is just plain happy to have peace and quiet. I'm going to put my cats in my bedroom and see if she'll come out and spend time with me.

cassiesmom
12-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Come on out, Mama Kitty! I hope you are as beautiful as your kittens!