PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lights on your house??

pitc9
11-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Just wondering how many people put up outdoor Christmas/Holiday decorations??

My hubby and I have TONS of outdoor decorations but have not yet put them up. :o We're planning on doing it this Saturday and the HIGH for Saturday is only going to be 33 degrees!! :eek:

*LabLoverKEB*
11-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Yep, their up! And I love them! We even have our tree all decorated, and the inside of the house looks GREAT! (Thanks to mom!) ;)

Flatcoatluver
11-28-2007, 01:03 PM
We have all of our inside decorations up and the tree is up. My job is to put the outside Christmas lights up, the deer's up, but the porch lights arn't up yet. :p My first day off in weeks.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-28-2007, 02:38 PM
We got the inside decorations up last weekend, but we ran out of time and didn't get the outside lights up. We hope to get them up this weekend.

Freedom
11-28-2007, 03:03 PM
I put the outside lights up yesterday. On The Weather Channel, that was the last day in the future cast which was going to approach 50. TIMING!

The inside decoartions are up, but not the tree. We get a live cut one and this is a bit too early; even though they are selling them, the tree will ry out too soon.

Taz_Zoee
11-28-2007, 03:15 PM
I am hoping to get our decorations and tree out and up this weekend.
We have a fake tree, and having grown up with only real live trees, I actually like the fake one better. Lights are already on it. It doesn't dry out and drop needles all over the place. I don't have to keep water in it. It's just much nicer to me. People always say...but you don't get the fresh pine smell. Eh, that's okay, I don't mind. :) I can light candles if I really want to smell pine.

Danegirl2208
11-28-2007, 03:37 PM
yes always have..they'll go up in a few days. :)

Ginger's Mom
11-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Because for the almost 20 years I went down to Florida for two weeks during Christmas, I never decorated. But all of that changed last year. So last year I got some things to decorate inside (artificial tree, garland, nativity set), this year I guess I should look into getting some outdoor decorations.

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes and they're up already! It's my tradition to decorate outside Thanksgiving morning, no matter what the weather. :D

sandragonfly
11-28-2007, 05:19 PM
polled no decorations...not yet. we always move around, never a steady home for more than 6 months :rolleyes: so didn't had a chance to get something to celebrate. but in the spirit of christmas for five years this year now, the lights are on my car. I turn them on whenever traffic and weather both are decent.

I hope someday I will, for myself, get a fake tree (plenty of young goofballs here) - I love how the colorful the tree glows at nights - and have gifts under it for once! they always have been in the closet. or in the bags in back of my trunk lol. well, at least I've been over at someone else's house, with a christmas tree, fireplace and stockings every year.. always a miracle.

critter crazy
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I dont decorate outside, we live out in the boonies, and the only people to see them would be us. So we dont bother. But I go nuts inside!! he he he!! But I have yet to start my decorating, will be doing that soon tho!!:D

Pam
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Hubby used to put up outside lights years ago but has gotten somewhat lazy. :rolleyes: For the past few years we have only had candles in the window which look OK I guess.

As far as decorations, I only have two snowmen sitting on my entertainment center. I really haven't had time to go through all of my Christmas stuff yet, and we can't set up a tree because of the cats. :rolleyes: Hope to get some more stuff out this weekend and get the candles in the windows. :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-28-2007, 05:59 PM
As the bartender would say..."Done!" We did it all last Saturday...tree up, banister draped, house lit....and Santa is hiding behind a tree!

IRescue452
11-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Our lighted yule star is on the top window of our house year-round. The rest of the lights go up on the house after thanksgiving. No decorations inside yet. Not until December.

Twisterdog
11-29-2007, 12:28 AM
I don't like cold, and I don't like ladders. Therefore, inside decorations only.

cmayer31
11-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Yep, we'll be putting lights and decorations up! Last year we had a huge snowman and a sleigh that we built out of styrofoam then attached lights to as well as lights on the roof.

This year one of the roommates is constructing a 20' high Christmas tree of lights that we'll put up on the roof. It'll be interesting, but I think it'll work.

wolf_Q
11-29-2007, 09:08 AM
All we have right now is the tree up in the house. But I'm planning on painting the window again http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93889&highlight=husky+window

I'm hoping I'll have time to do that on Sunday. We have some other yard decorations, not much. We'll probably put lights around the window, and if my mom gets her way (and there's no snow on the roof!) a few on the roof too. I just hate taking them down. :o

Cinder & Smoke
11-29-2007, 10:34 AM
But I'm planning on painting the window again ... http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93889&highlight=husky+window

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/More%20pics/xmaswindow02.jpg

:D

*LabLoverKEB*
11-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Amy that window painting is sooo cool! Looks great, and just like Keva! :)

carole
11-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Mine are very subtle, we put up one string of lights along the verandah on the first of december and take them down at new year, i would love to have a lit up santa and sleigh on my roof, maybe one of these days if i can get one on sale,but we have a competition running every year for the most lit up houses, some of them are just amazing.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
We do, but they are very subtle. We have 3 trees along the driveway (Catalpa's), and we put tiny white lights in those. VERY pretty!!
I always put decorations behind the window that are visible from the street :)

I love to walk or drive through our neighbourhood when it is dark :) (well, NOT on my own :eek: )