PDA

View Full Version : Alicat aka "Lil 'A'"

moosmom
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I had to take Lil A to the vet this morning to have her nails clipped. They were DEADLY!!!

She did really great. I think it was because she was scared. Anyway, it's been determined that she is 9 months to 1 year old!! :eek: :eek: AND, she weighs 5.8 lbs.

Don't feel bad, Sandie, I'm as surprized as you are.

Freedom
11-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Now how the heck did they arrive at THAT age? From looking at her teeth? But, but , but. . . ... A full sized cat weighs more than THAT! And she would have to be full sized at that age. Hmmm.

No, I don't feel badly, more puzzled. I remember seeing her and her sib wabbling about in the colony when they started becoming mobile. Really can't see her being that age.

Donna, with your housefull, you need to learn to clip nails yourself, he he. It is SO much fun. :rolleyes:

kuhio98
11-27-2007, 12:56 PM
When we adopted Cammie, the rescue told us she was approximately 2 years old. Our vet checked her teeth and her eyes and estimated that she was 10+. Something about the older we get, the longer it takes our eyes to dialate and return to normal.

Lil'A may just be tiny. Pepper is over 4 years old and weighs 6 pounds. She's just an itty-bitty kitty. :D

catmandu
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
EVEN MY VET DR MARSALES SAYS THAT WITH CATS OLDER THAN FIVE YEARS OLD THAT DETERMINING THIER AGE IS SOMETIMES A GUESS.
HE THOUGHT PRINCESS AND MICHAEL WERE A LOT YOUNGER BUT AS THEY WERE IN MY APPARTMENT IN LATE 1992 , HE HAD TO ADMIT THEY WERE SENIORS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011499.jpg
HE WAS AMAZED AT WHAT GOOD SHAPE THEY WERE IN.
WE ARE SO PLEASED THAT ALICAT TOOK TO THE VET AND HAVING HER NAILS TRIMMED. THATS GREAT AS SOMETIMES CATS REALLY HAVE TROUBLE BEING TAKEN TO A STRANGE PLACE.

catfamily
11-27-2007, 07:24 PM
We did nails tonight.Some of them anyway.
It's hard to do unless they like it.Or don't mind it I mean.
My Rosco likes it.He puts his hand out as though he is getting a manicure.It's hysterical.
But Mike holds the others while I cut them.
Their all pretty good except a couple.(The monsters..LOL)
But I get the Monster ones when their sleepy...that works ;) :D

I can understand bringing yours to the vet.It's easy to cut (hurt)them without help if you get to close and their moving around too much.

moosmom
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Sandie,

She's actually doing really well. And I clip my other cat's nails on an as needed basis. I check them all the time. Lil A is the only cat I still have a problem with. If I can train her to sit between my legs while I clip them, I'll have it made and it only takes a second.

MooShoo's nails are high maintenance, since he has no fur. They get oily underneath the skin and also get cat litter stuck there. He growls at me as a try to clean them.

Lil A is getting spayed soon (like in the next month). Early signs of heat, don't ya know.

Laura's Babies
11-28-2007, 08:58 AM
I have noticed Boo has a nail on her back foot that stays extracted out all the time, very noticable.. I have messed with it to see if it causes her any pain and it don't but next time she goes to the vet, I will have him look at it and clip them for me.. Since the reading with Nancy, I don't do any maintance on her anymore, I will leave that for the VET! :rolleyes:

moosmom
11-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Maya Linn has a couple of those thick nails that are wide. Very difficult to cut.

I took Lil A to the vet for his claws because she won't allow me to do it.