PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco members, need a hand here...

Husky_mom
11-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I´m asking for any San francisco members for a little help...

I want to buy something over the net, but as being international I have to do it over the phone, which is no problem the problem is shipping....
I want to order a couple of shirts, but they´ll charge me 29 for shipping, and I wanted to know if bought by some of you in san francisco (where the store is) and get it sent to me might decrease the shipping charge....

I´m not sure about the flat rate shipping cost over to me, here in Mexico....besides I guess it´s not that big of a box, they´ll be one or two shirts only...

besides I´m not sure anyone will offer to get it from me and send it over, but I mostly just wanna know if it´s a considerable decrease on shipping charge or not.... because if it is I might as well ask the favor.... (I could repay via paypal or whatever other form).....

the place this store is located (in case anyone wants to check if it´s close to your area) is:

2366 Mission Street
San Francisco, California 94110

and a map to it
http://www.zootsuitstore.com/Shopping/assets/sfmapbig62.jpg

ilovemypup
11-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey!

I'm In SF I can help:)

I have actually never gone to that store.
Its close to me actually:D
But if somebody got it for you then sent it to you I would think the shipping is cheaper.:)

hope I helped..anymore questions I can answer:)

-Ali

Giselle
11-16-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm near SF, but, YIKES! 29$ is definitely hiking up the price for shipping. I don't know how large the package will be, but if you can stuff it into a large envelope and it's less than 1 pound, shipping can be as low as a couple bucks (about $5).

I don't think it's possible for me to go over to SF, but, yes, definitely try to find somebody to personally ship it to you :)

crow_noir
11-17-2007, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't have even thought of the envelope... and i just had a T(shirt) shipped to me by envelope this summer. (It was a charity event at a school that was wayyyy out of town to here and they were soooooo grateful i bought a shirt from them they told me not to worry about paying for the shipping.)

*pause*

I thought i could find the envelope, but i can't. Anyhow, it was really surprising at how low the skipping was.

I'm near SF, but, YIKES! 29$ is definitely hiking up the price for shipping. I don't know how large the package will be, but if you can stuff it into a large envelope and it's less than 1 pound, shipping can be as low as a couple bucks (about $5).

I don't think it's possible for me to go over to SF, but, yes, definitely try to find somebody to personally ship it to you :)

Husky_mom
11-17-2007, 03:45 PM
thanks!!....

I too think 29 is way too much.......thats how much it costs me to get over 10lbs of bird food....how can two dress shirts equal that??

the envelope idea is great.....I don´t mind if they get all wrinkled.. I just don´t wanna pay that much....

if anyone can go to that store and get them for me that would be great, I´ll pay everything

Ginger's Mom
11-17-2007, 05:44 PM
I just looked up International rates to Mexico online. If both shirts can be sent in a flat envelope, it looks like it would be about $9.00. If they need to be put in a box it would be $23.00. Weight didn't make a difference, but I only tried up to 3 pounds, because I assumed the shirts and box wouldn't weigh any more than that. I don't know at what weight the rates would change.

caseysmom
11-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Since it costs about 20 bucks to park in San Francisco the 29 is probably a bargain.

Husky_mom
11-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Since it costs about 20 bucks to park in San Francisco the 29 is probably a bargain.

:eek: 20 bucks for parking!! :eek: wow......

never even thought it would be that much......

considering that, yeah it probably is a good price after all....hmmm..... *wonders*

caseysmom
11-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes it is truly outrageous. When I visit there I just chalk it up to the cost of visiting. (plus 2 $4.00 toll bridges)