PDA

View Full Version : 2 Es and One Vet

Edwina's Secretary
11-10-2007, 01:29 PM
We took Eddie and Edwina to the vet this morning -- in separate carriers for Eddie's sake. It is the first time I ever heard them sing together. Not bad harmony! :rolleyes: ;) :D

I was annoyed at how long we had to wait (as in over an hour) but there was an emergency I guess.

Other than Eddie will need his teeth cleaned they are the picture of feline health. The technican did suggest to Edwina she could learn about proper behavior from her brother.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The good news...they have both lost weight! Eddie is down to 16.5 lbs and Edwina to 10 lbs! He also said that Eddie is only a little bit overweight -- NOT obese. Big boned....... :D The vet also said Eddie is the model of proper behavior. (He did not say that about Edwina.... :rolleyes: )

So they are both busy giving the private parts an extra good cleaning after such invasion of their privacy.. :rolleyes: ..but otherwise fine.

Randi
11-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Aww, such good news!! :) I'm so glad they're both healthy, and that Eddie only needed a teeth cleaning - I had one too the other day.

Eddie, you have the size a cat should have, you're big boned like Garfield. Glad to hear you impressed the vet. :D

Edwina, why is it that the vet didn't say anything nice about you - did you try to scratch him? I hope you didn't get one of those remarks! :eek:

Now that you have slimmed down, you deserve a treat. ;)

Kisses to you both.

momcat
11-10-2007, 02:52 PM
That's wonderful to know that the E's got excellent check ups and dropped a few pounds along the way. Eddie, you're not big boned, you're fluffy. And you were such a good boy for the white coat! Way to go there, buddy. Lady Edwina, now that you're a svelte 10 lbs., will you be shopping for a new wardrobe? I'm so happy to hear that your check up was so good. Just remember one thing, the white coat is your friend!

Scritchies and lovies to both of you gorgeous sweeties!

Barbara
11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Eddie must have some very big bones says Tigris.
But Lady Edwina is a tiny little girl he says.
We don't listen to what Filou says. ;)

Bengalz
11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Wonderful news for the E's and for you :) They are both the picture of health and aren't you glad they can sing in unison? Generally when cats express their opinions, it's a good sign. My worry begins when they get too quiet.

Killearn Kitties
11-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Good to know that all went well at the vet today. Most certainly Lady Edwina will require a new wardrobe, and all the shops full of Christmas party clothes! What fun. :D

The grey girlies have all had their teeth cleaned and will be there in spirit with cute Eddie.

catmandu
11-10-2007, 04:25 PM
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED MY HH LADY EDWINA ROSE, YOU ARE A DIVA, AND DIVAS DONT NEED LOOKING IN PLACES THAT A LADY KEEPS PRIVATE!!!
HOW DARE HE EVEN IN REGARD TO YOUR HEALTH LOOK THERE AND HANDLE YOU LIKE THAT.
I DONT COOPERTAE EITHER AND I KAKE A BIG FUSS WHEN I GO TO THE VETS TOO!
I KNEW MY LOVE THAT WE ARE LIKE TWO FURRY PEAS IN A POD!!!
YOUR LOVER CAT, JUKE JOINT JOSEPH.
I HAVE A GREAT PLACE PICKED OUT FOR US ON THANKSGIVING DAY, I HOPE THAT YOU LIKE SHRIMP BISQUE AND BUFFALO BROIL WITH A SIDE OF STLTON CHEESE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011415.jpg
THANK GOD I HAVE MOST OF MY TEETH!!
YOURS IN LOVE
JUKE JOINT JOSEPH!!!

jenluckenbach
11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Such good news. LOVE vet visits like that! :)

jennielynn1970
11-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Glad the visit went well! Edwina is only 10lbs?! Wow!!! She looks like she's a bigger cat (not fat... don't think that Ms. Edwina!). She reminded me of my one cat from way back who was about 20lbs, but she was very tall and very long... nothing fat about her at all!

DrKym
11-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Dear Es'

I know I am intruding on anAWFUL day.........but I must tell you, Do not let the humans tell you a THING about your weight! Some of us are large boned....I myself (in all my naked Glory) now weigh in at nearly 9 lbs!*gives self satisfied smile* If they insist upon mentioning weight issues as hoomans will :rolleyes: tell them you have thick fur!

As far as proper vet behavior,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well if you do it right you can get the white coats to call your hoomans and refuse to treat any other companions unless you are there! My whitecoat simply cannot get enough of me! All because I climbed under his funny coat! I didn't tell him it was jsut to check for more treats! Silly hooman!

Glad it all worked out well for you.........I must go have my hooman knit me more clothing now as she has been slacking!

Yours always

Lexie

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm glad to hear that the E's vet visit went well and that they're both very healthy.:) Not all kitties are nice at the vets, my Starr has been known to try to bite.;)

Randy_K
11-10-2007, 06:42 PM
I don't recall Eddie looking... uhh... corpulent when I last saw him. 16.5 pounds (7.5 kg)! It's a good thing he isn't a shoulder sitter like Mango - who weighs in a 8.5 lbs (3.9 kg).

I am glad to hear they are both healthy.

Vermontcat
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm glad to hear that both the E's had good check-ups.
Samantha is impressed that Lady Edwina weighs a few ounces less that she does now.
She thinks that she should at least get a flashy new collar to show off her girlish figure. :)

Laura's Babies
11-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Sounds like a good day for all! We all love good checks from the vets and I send my congratulations to the E's. It had to be trying for them to be shut in to porta prisons for so long and I bet they were so glad to be home!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-11-2007, 07:53 AM
That is super great news!! Lady Edwina,last time you got several "rewards"; did the vet forget this this time??? :mad:

catmandu
11-11-2007, 03:36 PM
THEY SAY A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS HH LADY EDWINA ROSE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/4Edwina.jpg
THIS ONE SHOULD BE WORTH A BILLION.
I LOVE YOU MY DEAR WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!!!!!
YOURS IN LOVE
JUKE JOINT JOSEPH.
SEE YOU ON THANKSGIVING DAY!!!!

phesina
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Eddie and Edwina, we are so glad to know that both of you are in good health AND in sleek and sensual bodies! *MORE* sleek and sensual, that is.

Freedom
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Yay, good news all around.

I'll say a little prayer for the emergency, sounds like the pet and hoomans need it. :(

Now for the E's: HOORAY! Edwina, you are done for a whole 'nother year! Eddie, you are doing great losing weight, keep it up!

cassiesmom
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
The vet also said Eddie is the model of proper behavior.

Meowmy, we have Edwina as The Model here on PT! (Move over Claudia Schiffer ... HH Lady Edwina reigns here!)

rg_girlca
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
It's so good to hear when the vet visits go well. Health wise that is.

Eddie, good boy, but I think your sister might be getting a red sticker on her file. :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Eddie, good boy, but I think your sister might be getting a red sticker on her file. :eek:

She already has ....6 stickers on her file....Caution!

That's my girl!

Vio&Juni
11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
He-he-he, poor Edwina, you take a whole hour of her busy schedule for the VET?! And then complain she's cranky?

Pichu, the model of good behaviour, after a bucket of anesthesia, took three people to keep him down on the table :eek: And this was a new vet (emergency clinic), she couldn't believe he never did this before.

Catlady711
11-13-2007, 06:31 PM
She already has ....6 stickers on her file....Caution!

That's my girl!

LOL I can relate to that! My Jack has a Caution and Muzzle sticker on his file....put there by ME!! No one else at work will touch him when he comes in, they all say 'he's your cat, you hold him!" LOL

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Great news! :D

Cinder & Smoke
11-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Edwina ... already has ... .6 stickers on her file .... Caution!

That's my girl!

:D

Poor Boots da Kat (RB :( ), with all the many "visits" he made to the White Coats
to treat his urinary blockages,
and all the pinching & prodding & needles & Sir Juries he put up with ...
was ALWAYS "Mr. Mellow" with the Vets and Techs that handeled him.

He prolly should have had a "Nice Guy :)" sticker on his files!

SIX Red One's, Miz Edwina ... Is that an Office Record?

:D

cassiesmom
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Dear E's! Have you recovered from your doctor visit? I am very glad you both got a good bill of health. *hugs*