PDA

View Full Version : Who owns a dachshund?

COOLGIRLSTEPH
08-05-2002, 09:20 AM
I love dachshunds and they are my favourite breed!
I own two myself (smoot-haired miniature ones infact) and wondered who else owns one?
Could you tell me what they get up to and what colours etc. they are?

lovemymaltese
08-05-2002, 11:10 AM
I do not own one myself, but one of my best friends had one, he died a few summers ago. That was the smartest dog that I had ever seen, he knew millions of tricks. And he was so precious. His name was Rocky.

robinh
08-05-2002, 02:50 PM
We have four dogs, but only one male - that's my overweight smooth black and tan dachshund, Max. At 21 lbs, he rules the house, us and the 3 girls. The girls are Peach, a chesapeake bay retriever (68 lbs); Carly, a mixed breed (47 lbs) and Molly, a yorkie (4.5 lbs).

He is such a great little dog. Over the last six years he has been a million laughs! His mannerisms are so funny that at times, we find ourselves just watching him instead of the TV.

With severe skin allergies that cause him to be grumpy, he requires daily medication to ease some of the symptoms. Unfortunately the medications cause weight gain and have caused other health problems.

Dogz
08-06-2002, 09:38 PM
I personally LOVE dachshunds!!!:D They are so adorable.
They are one of my fave breeds! You should really get some pictures of them on here! I would enjoy them, and I think everybody else would too!:D

I have a favor to ask you COOLGIRLSTEPH. Would you mind making a new thread or on this thread, and put some information about dachshunds on there, because my friend is thinking of getting one, so she needs more information on them.
Thanx!

Dogz
08-06-2002, 09:49 PM
I acually have some information I can give you COOLGIRLSTEPH!
Here it is:
Miniature Dachshunds weigh 11 pounds and under.
Miniature Dachshunds get 5-6 inches in height at withers.
Standard Dachshunds weigh over 11 pounds, usually 16-32 pounds.
Standard Dachshunds also get 8-9 inches in height at withers.
They make exellent Watchdogs, and protection is limited. The dachshunds other name is Teckel. Also their life expectancy is 12-14 years.
I think that they come in a varity of colors, but that is all I know.
If you want more information, you can go to the websites listed below.
www.google.com
www.ask.com
www.yahoo.com
These websites should give you some websites with information.
If you have any questions send me a private message, or send me an email at [email protected]

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2002, 12:19 AM
Dachsunds. I never knew a word could hurt so much :( . The best dog I have ever owned was a Dachsund named Tiffany. I loved her with all my heart, but she was taken from me when my sister and her boyfrined broke up. I loved her to death and still miss her terribly. I don't think I will ever be able to love a dog the way I loved Tiffy, and I know I will never again own a dachsund, just seeing one on the street makes me want to cry.

RockyRoad
08-14-2002, 06:49 PM
No, I don't own a dashund, but my friend does, and they are so cute!! They are so adorable!! I wish I had a picture of him, and as soon as I do, I'll put it up here!!

Redneck Pit Lover
09-03-2002, 08:20 PM
HI I own a Dachshund she is slightly {ok is} overweight her name is Molly she eats every toy we buy her!I also own a pit/mix named bull!! he's my favorite!!