PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!

inkspot14
08-03-2002, 09:17 AM
It turns out Bastian has crystals! he has to stay at the vets office for 3 days or more:( I really miss him.

Logan
08-03-2002, 09:43 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope your baby will be better in no time! :) Paws and fingers crossed here!!!

Logan

gini
08-03-2002, 10:18 AM
I hope that Bastian is better very soon and back home where he belongs. It is very difficult when we have to leave our pets at the Vets.

Randi
08-03-2002, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear that Bastian has crystals! When he comes back from the vet, he may have to have diet food? we have discussed this subject in other posts here. Search for Boots or Fister and you'll find out more about it!

Good luck with him! :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2002, 12:26 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bastian. I hope he'll be okay. All fingers and paws are crossed here.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-05-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bastian. :( Seems I had never heard of these as being such a problem, but first Fister, then Boots, now Bastian and I know there have been others mentioned here. Tubby never had any sort of problem like this, and I'm wondering if they are neutering cats differently these days than they did 15 1/2 years ago. Which is entirely possible since advances in medicine seem to move fairly quickly, but it seems like maybe they're missing something since this seems to be such a problem.

Just curious and confused. :confused: But hoping everything turns out well for Bastian. :)

Miss Meow
08-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Fingers crossed for Bastian. Hopefully there's a nice vet nurse giving him hugs and tickles and he's not feeling too lonely at the surgery. And good luck with the prognosis, I hope he's feeling comfortable and happy in no time.

wolflady
08-05-2002, 06:51 PM
So sorry to hear about Bastian! Bless his little kitty heart. Crystals can be so painful for them. Is he on medication now? Be sure to ask the vet when you go to pick him up if he should be put on the special diet for urinary tract. Our Scooter had a repeating problem with this coupled with UTI, and he's on a special Science Diet for urinary tract. He has to remain on it for the rest of his life, but it should help keep crystal re-formation from happening...hopefully!! Lots of headbumpies to Bastian, I hope he's feeling better soon!

**hugs**