PDA

View Full Version : Why I was late for work today

Chinadoll
08-02-2002, 02:01 PM
I was sleeping on the sofa last night(I'm an insominac and probably every other day end up falling asleep on the sofa) and the alarm went off at 20 minutes to 8. I was too tired to move so I laid there for 5 minutes. Then comes Scout walking across the coffee table and on to the sofa. He's purring and rubbing up against me for pets. So instead getting up when I was suppossed to in order to have enough time to feed everyone and dress myself, I stayed on the sofa with Scout and said oh well, it's Friday I'll be late!

Anyone else ever go in late to work becuase you were playing with your fuzzies?

Edwina's Secretary
08-02-2002, 02:46 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11885

I'm sure there is a far more elegant way to do this...but here's an earlier thread I started on this very subject!

yumyum6970
08-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Sounds like you and scout are getting along fine now :)

NoahsMommy
08-02-2002, 05:37 PM
Um YES!! Today as a matter of fact! Noah gets so loving in the morning. On the days I HAVE to resisit his cuteness, he helps me put on my make up by standing on the counter rubbing up against me. :)

This morning, we were loving eachother (after my hubby left, so we could both stretch out and cuddle) and he decided to lay on my pillow and forehead. For some reason it puts me to sleep, most likely because of his purring. I woke up at 8:30! I usually need to be at work by 8:00! So, yes...that happens at our house too!! :D

AmberLee
08-02-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
...Anyone else ever go in late to work becuase you were playing with your fuzzies?

:o :o Well, sometimes. But, once I was late for a VERY important customer visit and had to explain in front of the group that my kitten had gone running out into the parking lot and taken a long time to catch. Not a sterling career moment. :( :eek: