PDA

View Full Version : Pet toys made in China: do you worry?

fragrancehound
09-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I was at Petco today picking up a few things and wandered off to the cat toy section. Both magic and shadow love the wand type toys with feathers and stuff on them. I was going to pick up some new toys when I noticed that all of the wand type toys are made in China. It got me thinking. Since this has been the year of recalls...pet foods, children's toys, and so on how safe are the pet toys being made in China? Do you think there is any risk of the toys being made with lead dyes or tainted/poisonous chemicals? I ended up buying no toys at all just because of my fears. Am I being paranoid? Do you think the toys are generally safe? What is your take on this matter?

Laura's Babies
09-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Geez, now that you pointed that out, that IS something to think about.... and worry about! Time to make cat toys now and quit buying them!

CultureJunky
09-22-2007, 04:48 AM
I have to admit I don't think you're being paranoid at all. I think it's a sensible thing to be aware of, they have had such a bad record recently of things being tained and poisened. I wouldn't buy any toys made in China myself I think just to be on the safe side, given their appaling animal rights laws you never know they may just be tained on purpose.

catmandu
09-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Of Course Though If We Boycotted All Things Made In China, It Would Be Hard To Find Anything To Buy, Especially In The Dollar Stores.
What A Shame That These Greedy People Have Taken Thier Factories Overseas, Depriving Americans And Canadians Of Jobs.
And I Will Be More Careful When I Look For Things For The Found Cats From Now On.

Catlady711
09-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Stuff made in China, whether for me or my cats, doesn't bother me at all. I've seen sub-par products produced in the US/Canada/Mexico just as easily as from China, Japan or anywhere else. If the product is what I'm looking for, a price I want to pay, and looks like a fairly sturdy product, then I'll probably buy it without even looking to see what country made it.