PDA

View Full Version : Poor little Brody

Pawsitive Thinking
09-04-2007, 06:05 AM
When I was brushing her on Sunday I noticed what seemed to be a small knot in her fur and made a mental note to furminate it out of her the next day. However, while I was stroking her last night the "knot" had grown considerably into a nasty abcess that burst as I touched it (she nearly took my hand off!!!).

We hot-pawed it to the vet (who, bless him, stayed late so her could see her) who cleaned it up and gave her an antibiotic injection. She seems much brighter today, has let me bathe her owie. Back to see Uncle Michael this evening just to be on the safe side.

Also meant a dash to the pet shop to get a litter box and some cat litter as she had to stay in last night....

Please spare a thought for my precious little girl

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Awwww, poor sweet Brody....! It is good that you discovered this :)
Where was this on her body? What did the vet say about this?

Pawsitive Thinking
09-04-2007, 06:11 AM
He said it was probably another cat bite that had got infected. Makes sense as there are some new cats in the street....

The bite was between her thigh and her tail on the right paw side so he said it looks like she was running away at the time

Killearn Kitties
09-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Poor little Brody! You stay away from those mean, nasty, bitey cats, sweetie.

My mum's cat had a abcess once, which burst as we were taking him to the vet. Absolutely horrible.

I think tuna is in order, Brody. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Get better real soon, sweetheart!http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cradle-cat.gif

Edwina's Secretary
09-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Poor, poor thing! That is Edwina's favorite spot to nip when she thinks Eddie needs corraling. Thankfully, she never gets but fur.

I will tell her of poor Brody....

JenBKR
09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Poor Brody! Thoughts and prayers with her, let us know how it goes!

catmandu
09-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Please Get Better Soon Friend Brody, Ad Be Careful Around Strange Cats.
We Pray That Its Nothing Serious And That Your Wounds Healing Up Soon.

Medusa
09-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Prayers going out to Brody and all outdoor cats......

Catty1
09-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Before I knew better, I had cats that went in and out. They went thru a cat door in my apt window (low building). At night, I did turn the switch so they couldn't get back out.

My black kitty, George - I was petting him one day and he squawked. He did this a couple more times. Then I saw him in profile - and there was a big bump lower on his spine! I thought he had a tumour!

I called the vet, and they took me in...the vet found a scab on his lower back, and gently removed a bit of it....yeah, you know what came out! YUCK!

Same thing - the vet said that it looked like he was running away from a fight, because of where the wound was.

They kept him overnight, and he came home with a drainage tube. It looked like flat bamboo, and the middle part was under his skin - the two ends were either side.

Anyway, he survived just fine! But it sure is a scary yucky thing.

I hope Brody is feeling better. :)

jennielynn1970
09-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Oh Brody... poor kitty!! Outside is a dangerous place to be! Stay inside at night and keep safe please sweetie!!

Calloway had a nasty abscess on his tail and on his right rear thigh area. The shelter thought a dog bite or something from when he was out on the street. It took a while to heal, and I had to do betadine compresses for him three times a day. He was such a good boy and let me do the compresses, and just meowed his high pitched chirps when I did them. It took a good month to clear up totally, but it's all better now. The only residual I can see is that he still has a limp.

kittycats_delight
09-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Poor Brody!!!

Denise, you say there are new cats around right. Have you had Brody tested for FeLV/FIV. With there being new cats around and possible bites it could be rather dangerous. You should probably get Brody combo tested and if she is going to be going in and out I would have her vaccined for FeLV as well. Better safe than sorry I say.

I hope she feels better soon and that tests (if you decide to get them) are negative.

Michelle

Pawsitive Thinking
09-05-2007, 08:19 AM
She had another injection yesterday and is on a course of antibiotics for a week (one tablet, twice a day so two pin falls, a submission and a knock out later......) and was happily munching her way through her breakfast when I left this morning.

kittycats_delight All her vaccinations are up to date but I will be checking things with the vet when I go in with the rabbit next week :eek: The new cats moved in with new people and look pretty well cared for...

JenBKR
09-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Glad she's feeling better. Oh Brody, stay away from those biting kitties! We don't want anything to happen to our dear girl. Let meowmie give you extra cuddles to make you all better :)

kittycats_delight
09-08-2007, 07:41 AM
She had another injection yesterday and is on a course of antibiotics for a week (one tablet, twice a day so two pin falls, a submission and a knock out later......) and was happily munching her way through her breakfast when I left this morning.

kittycats_delight All her vaccinations are up to date but I will be checking things with the vet when I go in with the rabbit next week :eek: The new cats moved in with new people and look pretty well cared for...

Glad to hear that the other kitties look well cared for and have hoomans looking after them. Hopefully that means they are fully vaccinated too so much less of a danger.

Glad Miz Brody is doing well and hope she is being a good girl and taking her meds for mawmaw. :D

And Brody listen to Auntie Jen. Stay away from those biting kitties. :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
09-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Princess Brody is well on the mend now! She has her appetite back and would like to show you all her new collar. Its soft pink with pretty pink stones

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Denise40_0/Photo-0189.jpghttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Denise40_0/Photo-0188.jpg

Her owie is healing nicely and she is happy to be brushed and stroked again :D

Killearn Kitties
09-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Ooo, I lovely your new collar sweetie. It is only fitting that you received a lovely "get well" gift" :D

JenBKR
09-10-2007, 08:45 AM
YAY good to know you are feeling better Brody! And what a lovely new collar :D

catmandu
09-10-2007, 04:43 PM
The Found Cats Are Sending Three Cheers That Thier Dear Friend Brody Is Better And They Love That Classy Collar.
We Are Glad Thats Shes On The Mend And Is Eating Again!!!!