PDA

View Full Version : sweet deals, and GREAT new store!

cali
08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
well we went to check out our local aqaurium societys yard sale..basicly dirt cheap stuff lol I picked up a 25 gallon aquarium for $10! and 2 fish nets for $1. the Tank is for my Gerbils, once I have a top for it, itll be GREAT.

then after the sale we went to check out a new petstore that just opened up, its a specialy fish and herp store. now this is one place we will be throwing all our support behind 100%, because you dont get a better petstore then this. now most petstores, you say "I want this" they hand it to you, give you a bunch of false info, take your money and send you out the door. this guy? NOBODY walks in and walks out with one of his animals, he not only encourages research, he REQUIRES it. you walk in wanting something, he will give you a bunch of info, and send you home to sleep on it, if you still still want whatever had your intrest you make an appointment to get to know the animal personaly, if the answer is a yes, he finds out if you are going staright home or heading somewhere first, even if its just to get gas or something, if you are not going staright home, he wont let you have the animal yet, rather he will hold it till you are ready to go staright home, THEN he will release it to you, complete with caresheets. now only does he do all this, but her personaly selects all his breeders, making sure they are good breeders with well tempered animals, that are handled reguarly(for animals that one handles at all lol). even the snakes he sells are registered, pedigree'd snakes.

Hellow
08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Now those are the signs of an great pet store!

Zippy
08-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Now this is how all pet stores should be. :D

sweetpatata6
08-19-2007, 06:16 PM
AGREED! I hope you told him ((or will tell him)) how wonderful that is!!!

Suki Wingy
08-20-2007, 12:00 AM
AWSOME! Tell him how much we all appreciate what he's going.

cali
08-20-2007, 12:38 AM
well, he was very right too lol. for what we want, he recommended us either a Crested Gecko, or a Pygmy Chameleon. these are things that never even crossed our research paths yet, but after looking them up, he was absolutely right, both of these guys are PERFECT for what we want. we told him we had been looking into Skinks, and his response was "absolutely not" lol. he clearly knows what he is talking about, so we shall listen to that advice :p