PDA

View Full Version : Isn't High Speed Internet Wonderful!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-18-2007, 12:36 AM
As you all know, we've been traveling a lot lately, and we have a Sprint data card to keep connected while traveling. Seems like lately - for the past few months is more like it - we've been in more remote areas and on dial-up speed only - ugh!

Well, we're now in a campground that is what I would consider quite remote - just a bit Southwest of Crater Lake National Park in Oregon - in the middle of nowhere really. We hear the only cell phone coverage is in town, across the street from the post office. Cell phones are dead, Sprint card is useless, but oh boy is the campground wifi fantastic!!!

We'll be here for two weeks, and I have some computer work that needs to get done before our next rally, so I'm hoping to be able to spend some time here to get caught up....and to hopefully post some new pics.

Gotta love wifi! :D

Oh, and I'm really in heaven here. Be-u-tee-ful scenery, no crowds, unbelievably tall pine trees, no dusty parking lots, 50 amp power, water and sewer hook-ups, clear cool weather, lots of room to walk Jackie and high speed internet to boot. I think I could stay here forever! Oorr...until the 44' of snow they get annually starts arriving! :eek:

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2007, 02:03 AM
Sounds wonderful! I am looking forward to those pictures. :D

koxka
08-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Isn't High Speed Internet Wonderful!
Sure, it is! :D

in the middle of nowhere
It sounds to me like a wonderful place to be! :cool:

Waiting for those pictures :)

moosmom
08-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Deb,

I had dial-up for a year. YAAAAWWWWNN!!! It took for-ever!!!!!

I finally got DSL and I love it!! It's so much faster and downloading pictures takes second!!

I envy you and Terry, Deb. Being able to travel like you and the kits do is like a dream come true.

(((((HUGS)))))

Motor on girl!! :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I've been looking all over for you! I forgot to look in Oregon.... :D :D

When I visit my father and his dial up....it is the stone age again..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Randi
08-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi Debbie, it's great to hear from you! :D That campground sounds fantastic... wonderful scenery and at the same time all the high tech things to use - perfect! :)

Looking forward to see some pics.

Bengalz
08-18-2007, 09:48 AM
So envious! I love Crater Lake. We camped and hiked there a few years ago and it was amazing :D Enjoy your stay and get those pics loaded!!

trayi52
08-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I love it, I finally got DSL!!

Willie :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Debbie, thanks for the update.:) It sounds like you're in a wonderful area right now. I've had HSI for quite a while now and I'll never go back.:)