PDA

View Full Version : Fishy advice

Pawsitive Thinking
08-15-2007, 06:07 AM
We currently have two houseguests, Wayne and Megan, who can only be described as boggle-eyed goldfish (must try to get some photos!!).

Apart from stones and water :rolleyes: they have nothing else in their tank. My question is should I get them a castle or something to swim through or are these things more for the owners amusement than the fishies?

Christmas_Hamster
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Well what size tank is it?

Kalei
08-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Depending on the size of the tank, if you can fit plants in or a decoration then the goldfish would love it. Seeing that they are goldfish though, goldfish are usually content with just their water and rocks, but plants and decors are definately a plus to them:)

But as for them NEEDing them, they don't need them to be happy.

Zippy
08-15-2007, 01:18 PM
How big is the tank?
Goldfish need big tanks around 20gallons each with a really great filter.They can live 20 years with good care.

IRescue452
08-15-2007, 04:42 PM
NO decor. Bubble-eyed or telescope-eyed goldfish can easily injure themselves on any decor. The have little to no vision and can damage their eyes. They should only be kept with goldies with similar eye deformities, some people go so far as to say keep them alone so they don't hurt each other. In my opinion, bubble eyes are one of the cruelest deformities people have bred into a species so far.

king2005
08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
NO decor. Bubble-eyed or telescope-eyed goldfish can easily injure themselves on any decor. The have little to no vision and can damage their eyes. They should only be kept with goldies with similar eye deformities, some people go so far as to say keep them alone so they don't hurt each other. In my opinion, bubble eyes are one of the cruelest deformities people have bred into a species so far.

Finally someone agrees with me, that those breeds of fish are cruel.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-17-2007, 05:19 AM

Thanks for this - I didn't realise, poor little fishies.

I will pass this on to Wayne and Megan's Mum when she picks them up to make sure these two stay safe