PDA

View Full Version : New cat.

G535
08-13-2007, 04:26 AM
There is the sound of little tabby feet around here again. Details when I can get near the computer for long enough, I've been taken over by an eight months old tabby from the local shelter. :)

Killearn Kitties
08-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Oh how exciting! :D :D :D I can't wait to hear those details.

jenluckenbach
08-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Such exciting news!! :D :D :D **HAPPY DANCE**

Congratulations!

Freedom
08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Details, we want DETAILS! Photos would be grand! Congratulations.

Randi
08-13-2007, 09:51 AM
That's wonderful - Congratulations!! :D I'm also waiting to hear more details. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
08-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Congrats!!!:D This is great news. I can't wait to hear more about the new kitty and hopefully see some pictures too.:)

G535
08-13-2007, 07:23 PM
He's asleep!

His name is Patrick Henry (couldn't decide so he got both) and he's a cryptorchid so his visit to the vet for desexing took longer and was messier than expected. The missing testicle couldn't be found so he has to go back in a couple of months for a checkup. When he is not sleeping or eating he follows me everywhere, I suspect his previous people got rid of him because of his condition. They offered me a replacement cat at the shelter but I can't let him go now, he's only been home less than 24 hours and already he has taken over.

Photos in a couple of days, sooner if I can. :)

catfamily
08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm so happy this cat got a loving home.I'm so glad your keeping him.It's too easy to get attached to these great creatures..isn't it? :rolleyes:
I know he will be so happy with you.Congratulations :)

AbbyMom
08-13-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm so happy that Patrick Henry has found a loving furever home and that you now have a new kitty to love. Perfect!

Hey! Cats like company! Did you think of getting him a companion?? :D

Congratulations to both of you!

Anxiously awaiting pictures.....

:D

rg_girlca
08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Congratulations on your new addition to the family. Patrick Henry sounds like a real cutie patootie. I can't wait to hear more about him and especially to see pictures. :D

Scooter's Mom
08-13-2007, 09:50 PM
He's asleep!

His name is Patrick Henry (couldn't decide so he got both) and he's a cryptorchid so his visit to the vet for desexing took longer and was messier than expected. The missing testicle couldn't be found so he has to go back in a couple of months for a checkup. When he is not sleeping or eating he follows me everywhere, I suspect his previous people got rid of him because of his condition. They offered me a replacement cat at the shelter but I can't let him go now, he's only been home less than 24 hours and already he has taken over.

Photos in a couple of days, sooner if I can. :)

My Charlie is the same way... his missing testicle never got found. He's a sweet boy, albeit annoying at times.

Congrats on the new kitty!

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Starr was also a cyptorchid. I was told to wait a while before neutering him. He was becoming very aggressive so he had a spay/neuter when he was about 6 months old. The reason I say this is because one of his testicles finally dropped but one was still inside of him so he had a lot of stitches on his belly. I can't wait to some pictures of Patrick Henry. He sounds adorable.:)

G535
08-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Some photos attached, I'll get more when he's feeling less tired and sore.

G535
08-14-2007, 02:17 AM
Few more. :)

Killearn Kitties
08-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Patrick Henry is gorgeous! I could not have given him back after a day either.

Welcome to your new home, handsome. You are a very lucky boy! :D

jenluckenbach
08-14-2007, 05:15 AM
What a handsome boy! :) :)

rg_girlca
08-14-2007, 01:30 PM
AWWWWWW look at that adorable face. What a handsome tabby you are Patrick Henry. I hope you feel better today from your surgery.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/PatrickHenry73.jpg

I just LOVE your bedspread of roses. It's beautiful.

Kalei
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Wow Patrick Henry you are such a gorgeous cat! I am so glad that you found this wonderful human to love you, and no wonder, you have kindness and beautiful all over those eyes:)

It's great to welcome you into the PT Family!

AbbyMom
08-14-2007, 08:04 PM
What a cutie!

I'm looking forward to seeing much more of handsome Patrick Henry.

krazyaboutkatz
08-15-2007, 12:24 AM
He sure is handsome and I hope to hear more about his antics and see many more pictures too.:)

G535
08-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Thank you everyone.

I had intended to bring home all the cats at the shelter last Saturday but my landlord had other ideas, one cat only or find somewhere else to live. There are not many cats in our shelter, only four last week and the few weeks before there were none.

The rose bedspread is just a polar fleece throw rug, was mine until Finnigan decided he wanted it and now Patrick Henry says it's his!

I'll get more photos after he has his stitches out next Wednesday.

jennielynn1970
08-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Some photos attached, I'll get more when he's feeling less tired and sore.

Where did they go??

Both posts just have empty boxes for me! :(

krazyaboutkatz
08-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Where did they go??

Both posts just have empty boxes for me! :(
Jenn, I see the attachments. I use internet explorer. I hope you can see them now.:)

G535
08-17-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm using Firefox on Linux, they're still there. :)