PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me...............

wombat2u2004
08-07-2007, 08:59 AM
..........for how long Border Collies will shed their hair ????
Bear is shedding away like mad.
It is the middle of winter here now......is that right for him to be shedding this time of year ?????
I'm brushing him out each day, and getting heaps of hair off him.
Is this going to stop ????? Like when it's Spring or something ????
I've searched the net, plenty of sites about those dogs shedding hair, but nowhere does it tell me how long this lasts.
Any help here would be appreciated folks.
Wom

theterrierman
08-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Can't help ya with what duration the shedding will be, Womby, but I'd say if the shedding is getting to you, try something like a Furminator (http://www.furminator.com/). Bamboo (pet products co., not the wood) makes a cheaper version that works as well.

wombat2u2004
08-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Can't help ya with what duration the shedding will be, Womby, but I'd say if the shedding is getting to you, try something like a Furminator (http://www.furminator.com/). Bamboo (pet products co., not the wood) makes a cheaper version that works as well.

Mate, it's not really getting to me, I'm ok with combing him out each day, but he's in the house now, and Karen has to vacuum much more than what she ever did....so she is kinda complaining......you know what women are like, they complain about everything....LOL
Wom

Queen of Poop
08-07-2007, 10:04 AM
You might want to have his thyroid checked. My border collie cross was shedding like mad in January, our winter, turned out her thyroid quit and the hair loss was a symptom.

wombat2u2004
08-08-2007, 07:33 AM
You might want to have his thyroid checked. My border collie cross was shedding like mad in January, our winter, turned out her thyroid quit and the hair loss was a symptom.

Dunno mate....I will keep an eye on him tho.
This is his first winter, and he started to shed not long ago.....so I seem to think it could be a seasonal thing.
I'd just like to know how long it lasts for.
Wom