PDA

View Full Version : Snow went to the vet!

KittyGurl
08-06-2007, 08:35 AM
On Friday, my mom took her to the vet. The vet did find an infection in her mouth and Snow was dehydrated so that may be the cuase of her not eating. The vet also did blood work to make sure her liver and kidneys are well. On Saturday, the vet called and told us that Snow was fine. Nothing was wrong with her kidneys and/or liver. She gave my mom some medicine to give Snow to help the infection go away. She has to take it every day, two times a day. She ate a little last night and is started to drink a lot more.

Just wanted to update you on Snow!

inlovewithanimals
08-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Glad to hear she checked out OK!!!!!!
Fight off that infection snow!!!
Justin,

Kirsten
08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Glad to hear that her kidneys and liver are fine! Been through the same fear with Luna last week.

Hope that nasty infection in her mouth will soon get better!

Kirsten

Catty1
08-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the update! Am glad Snow is starting to feel better.

HUGS to her, and your mom and you for getting her looked after. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the update. I was just thinking about her this morning.:) I hope that the medicine will clear her up quickly and I'm glad that she's eating again.:) What did the vet say about her fur loss?

Randi
08-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear the good news. :) Now, it's "just" the medicine twice a day, and she'll soon be fine! Hope she'll take it like without any fuss!

KittyGurl
08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Without any fuss! Ha, I wish that would happen. My mom has to wrap her in a towel and I have to keep Snow's mouth open while my mom gives her the medication.

phesina
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Well done, KittyGurl and mom!

I'm so glad it is not Snow's kidneys or liver, and you must be so relieved, too. But infection and dehydration are conditions that need a vet's exam to diagnose and medication to clear up; they don't go away on their own. So you did just the right thing to take her in.

And well done, Snow! Keep on getting better and eating more!

Pat and cats

Catlady711
08-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Glad to hear Snow has some meds now to make her feel better! Hoping for a quick recovery.