PDA

View Full Version : Candy - hawaii

slleipnir
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm curious about candy in hawaii..I'm sending something to someone and I was thinking candy/choco. I'm wondering what kinds of things do you get? like do you have

mars, kitkat, coffee crisp, oh henry, mr. big, smarties (IE the chocolate! lol), aero...etc. I'll come back later and add stuff as I buy them. I just want to send stuff you guys cant just buy in stores...oh and do you have pocky?

kuhio98
07-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm confused about what you're asking. Are you asking what kinds of candy are in stores in Hawaii? If so, basically everything that's available in the US and Canada. They export a lot of chocolate covered macadamian nuts.

slleipnir
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
yeah I'm wondering what's in your stores...I know when I was in florida/utah they didn't have a lot of stuff we have here. I'm curious so I can send this person something that they don't have already. I'm pretty sure when I was in the states there wasn't any smarties, coffee crisp and some other things

Kfamr
07-11-2007, 06:06 PM
The only Hawaiian that I know of is Kater. You may want to PM her if she doesn't see this thread. :)

I_luv_rusty
07-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Well here in NJ they don't have coffee crisp, oh henry, mars (i don't think we have) mr. big, and aero out of the one you mentioned. We do have smarties and kitkat though, so idk if hawaii would have the same stuff we don't have.

slleipnir
07-11-2007, 08:56 PM
oo thanks Kay :D

moosmom
07-12-2007, 08:58 AM
MACADAMIA NUTS!!! Did you know it takes 300 lbs of pressure to break open a Macadamia nut shell?? That's why they're so expensive. But boy are they YUMMY!!! To curb your chocolate craving, try chocolate covered MACADAMIA NUTS!!!! :p :p

Also, freeze dried pineapple chunks. YUMMY :p

Kater
07-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey slleipnir....I'll try help you out with this.

The following are available here:
Mars
KitKat
Oh Henry!
Pocky (many types of Japanese candy are available here, probably even moreso than in Canada)

We do not have the following (as far as I know):
Coffee Crisp
Mr. Big
Smarties (the chocolate kind)
Aero

Does this person live on Oahu or an outer island? If you are unsure, then tell me the city name. I'll try to help you figure this out.... :) All this talk of candy is making me hungry! :p

slleipnir
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure exactly where just yet....thanks so much for the info though...I may message you later on if you don't mind:)