PDA

View Full Version : Poor sweet Biddy

jenluckenbach
06-27-2007, 06:59 PM
He's having a pee-pee problem. I assumed a UTI, but the urinalysis tells us otherwise. Triple phosphate crystals, and a lot of them. :(

So even though he has been eating c/d, I do mix it with other dry foods (GOOD foods, but I try to mix with something less expensive.) Now he will eat strictly the c/d! And I have some medicine for him too (and to be honest, I couldn't tell you what it is suppose to do :o)

Hopefully he will be as good as new VERY soon.

Freedom
06-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Recently, someone told me her cat has to stay on a diet food to avoid crystals; that the regular version is too prone to crystal formation. Her vet told her it didn't really matter if it was a good food or an excellent one, just to stay on the low cal version. Hmm. Hadn't heard that before.

Here's hoping and praying that sticking to the c/d will help.

Catty1
06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Get well, Biddy! I hope the food works out okay, and Biddy feels better soon!

krazyaboutkatz
06-28-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear this:( and I hope that he gets well soon. I know that Storm seems to also get the struvite crystals if he doesn't eat his prescription food. Right now he's been refusing to eat his wet food so I've been mixing it with Innova Evo wet and Felidae Chicken & Rice wet with added water for more moisture. He'll still eat his dry food most of the time.

kb2yjx
06-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Norton sends a get well message to Biddy, since he had the same thing around Easter!!! Prayers to get well soon to Biddy!!!

Taz_Zoee
06-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Biddy will be in my thoughts. Get better!!

Randi
06-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Poor little Biddy - I hope he'll be better soon! Isn't he supposed to eat S/D which dissolve the crystals? He may even like it, as it's contains more fat and is therefore tastier. ;)

Get better, Biddy! :)

jennielynn1970
06-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Awe... Poor Biddy!! Hope he gets better soon! Was he trying to outdo other others by getting some kind of "triple" crystal and not just a single or double?!

slick
06-30-2007, 12:11 AM
How is Biddy...or have I missed another thread?

jenluckenbach
06-30-2007, 06:54 AM
No update yet, actually, because he needs a re-test urinalysis before I will know anything.

But he seems to feel ok.

I found out that the medication is a urine acidifier.

jazzcat
07-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Jen, I'm sorry to hear about Biddy having a problem. I hope the medicine is doing the trick.

Get well Biddy!

Medusa
07-01-2007, 04:44 PM
You sure have your hands full, don't ya? Here's hoping that Biddy is doing better and is on the mend.

jenluckenbach
07-01-2007, 05:05 PM
You sure have your hands full, don't ya?
You don't know that half of it. SIGH. :(

catmandu
07-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh No not Biddy White Whisker!
We are sad that Our Tuxedo Friend is having problems and All of Us at The Found Cat Paradise Hotel are sending All Our Paryers that the White Coats can help Biddy be well.
Thats too sad when bad things happen to such Nice Companions.