PDA

View Full Version : This is what PT is all about!

Randi
06-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Over the years, we've had quite a few trolls and so much bickering on PT. Some have even left because of this. :(

Below are some popular threads and a good indication of what PT is all about, don't you agree! Have a look! :)

Threads of the years:

Rub*Zap*Ouch
Help - how do I help a paralysed dog and Good bye, Bella.
Frito Feet No explaination needed.
Dog Haiku

Cinder wants to keep the stray she found.
My Jasper's Home.
PetTalkville.
Cat Christmas Carol.
It's Phred's Boots!!
Help me with this rescue cat.
Help, the evil plastic bag got me!
Only a cat.
World Trade Center, Pentagon under attack.
The story of Hope.

Dear Phred
PT words that make you smile
Boots the Cat visits the vet
Kitty positions
Fister's journey - from rags to riches
Boy cotton 2-14 by Sophie Bunny
Death to the mini-blinds
Joke thread
The day they came home
Rescue me Gabe

Who is able to help Naomi? (Nomilyn)
The diary of Eduardo
Looks like I'm a Foster Mom
Professional Tortellini Sleepers
Spelling does count in life!
Please Take Him Home
Dear Piper...
Pet Talk Confidential - 5th Edition
Are you missing any of your fids???
Lily's Journey to Canada

Binx is at the RB
Bob
Fister wants his posts back
Lily is ready for the Olympics!! Who wants to join her?
Our Beloved Angus....A Friend Lost
Purrno Thread
Tales of Birdie
Tales of Magoo
The Cruise Of The Good Ship "Feline Princess"
WHO was their real estate/rental agent!??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/F-by-Mac-close-up.jpg

lbaker
06-23-2007, 06:51 AM
OH Randi, what purrfect timing :cool: I remember each and every one of these and sometimes will do a "search" just to smile. You made me smile today, thank you over and over again. Of course there are others too but what a line up to start with :D Baby, you're the greatest ~
Laurie

joycenalex
06-23-2007, 07:43 AM
and do you notice how many of these threads are started by phred? does he have an unknown side job as a writer? hmmm?

Hellow
06-23-2007, 09:52 AM
I recognize some of thoes threads when i just cruised around before i registered. They all just make me smile. :)

Edwina's Secretary
06-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I have to go back and reread some of those....what fun we had!

RedHedd
06-23-2007, 11:23 AM
I have to go back and reread some of those....what fun we had! and we're still having fun. The food fight at Thursdays a few weeks ago still has me chuckling.

AdoreMyDogs
06-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Good stuff, Randi :) Thanks for bringing this up again. I really have had some fun here with some of those threads. My all-time favorite, though, is the Freeto Feet thread. That's got my vote for best thread EVER!!!! :D

Rachel
06-23-2007, 02:47 PM
We did have some good times. I know if I reread some of the Golden Oldies I will have a ache in my heart for some of those members who were so dear to us and have gone on to other aspects of their lives. Sometimes I wish they would check in to let us know how they and their fur kids are doing.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2007, 02:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/F-by-Mac-close-up.jpg
Don't forget pics like these!!! They make my day!!!
Kissie Kissie Fister!!! :D :D :D

Hellow
06-23-2007, 03:08 PM
We did have some good times. I know if I reread some of the Golden Oldies I will have a ache in my heart for some of those members who were so dear to us and have gone on to other aspects of their lives. Sometimes I wish they would check in to let us know how they and their fur kids are doing.

Hey, why dont you e-mail some of them?

lbaker
06-23-2007, 04:05 PM
OMD, I was just speaking with Slick and talking about this thread and we both remembered (almost at the same time, we DO share a brain it seems :rolleyes: ) and said out loud "HOW TO BOIL AN EGG" :D :D :D

Kfamr
06-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Some threads I think are also worth of mention:

Oh, dear God, no....missing (Delta Missing) (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=99710)
He's Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Delta Returns) (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=101104)

Kiki is missing (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=112699)
Kiara Is Home!!! (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=112965)
Kiara's Welcome Home package (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=114621)

May not be worth mentioning to others, however, IMO it shows a great deal of what Pet Talk is about. :)

Pam
06-23-2007, 06:21 PM

I agree Rachel. Randi, this is what makes some of us stick around so long (in my case 7 years :eek: ). We have laughed and cried over these threads. The thread about the paralyzed dog named Bella inadvertently led me to name my dog Bella. After I brought her home, hubby and I were throwing names around. He came up with Bella. I had been so absorbed in that thread (unknown to him) so I almost took it as a sign that she should be named Bella in light of that poor little poodle girl. Thanks for all of the work in putting this thread together. It is truly what PT is all about. :)

moosmom
06-23-2007, 06:46 PM
LES here. :( What memories.

AdoreMyDogs
06-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I agree Rachel. Randi, this is what makes some of us stick around so long (in my case 7 years :eek: ). We have laughed and cried over these threads. The thread about the paralyzed dog named Bella inadvertently led me to name my dog Bella. After I brought her home, hubby and I were throwing names around. He came up with Bella. I had been so absorbed in that thread (unknown to him) so I almost took it as a sign that she should be named Bella in light of that poor little poodle girl. Thanks for all of the work in putting this thread together. It is truly what PT is all about. :)

I remember that poor poodle, Bella, and you getting your Bella shortly after. That was so sad, but such a nice turn of events that led you to get your Bella girl, and give her that name. What memories I have from this website.

Ahem, not to change the subject or anything...but I think Rachel and I were the first on PT to ever meet. One thread I will always cherish is Rachel babysitting Graham for a day or two, and his blooming romance with her pretty girl, Hannah. I have no idea what the thread title was, but it will always hold a special place in my heart. On Graham's final day with us I told him to remember to go visit Rachel and Hannah and Tucker when he was free from his pain. *sniff*

Freckles
06-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Here it is! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1985&highlight=Graham)

AdoreMyDogs
06-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Here it is! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1985&highlight=Graham)

Wow, that made me cry :( I miss Graham so much. He was my soul-mate dog :( I wish I could have seen the pictures, but at least I got to read about how Rachel described him :(

((((hugs)))) to Rachel for writing such nice things about Graham. And (((((hugs)))) to Freckles for finding that thread for me *sniff*

Pam
06-24-2007, 06:04 AM
I wish I could have seen the pictures, but at least I got to read about how Rachel described him :(

Maybe we could bug Rachel just a little to try and dig them up for us. :) Freckles thank you for finding that thread. It was a sweet one for sure. :)

gini
06-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Oh Randi, thanks for going to all of this work.

Sometimes I think that new members have no idea of what a history we have here together. Over the years I have spit on my monitor more times and almost wet my pants laughing.

We have gone together on silly adventures - created a cyber bar where we can all hang out and hang loose. (and throw food):D

I can't tell you how many times I have sat here sobbing........when I have read about pet illnesses and their loss.

I was accused not too long ago of being part of a clique. That made me feel terrible, but I realized the person had no way of knowing that so many of us have met in person - have become real true friends. So our posts have a familiarity to them that you might not understand unless you know the history behind all of our stories.

I hope all new members soon get to enjoy the same experiences and then they can understand how close we all have become and how much we care about each other.

But Randi - you REALLY are the BEST! ♥♥♥

Randi
06-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Aww, thank you! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Photoshop/Heart-lille.jpg

It actually wasn't much work, as I had all these thread titles saved already. ;)

I was hoping that people who wants to join PT, would look into some of these threads, to see what it is we like here, before they join. PT must be one of the friendliest forums in the world - let's not have it ruined!

Yes Gini, many of us have been through so much together - good things and bad things, we've been here for each other, and I hope we'll continue in that spirit. :)

lbaker
06-24-2007, 01:14 PM
AMEN, ahhh Men? AAAAHHHH BACH!! You guys :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
06-24-2007, 07:43 PM
The Catolympics was hilarious! There's a cat one that's priceless. I think it's something about giving a cat a pill? The pics are what make it so good.

Randi
11-16-2007, 02:44 PM
I was doing a search for a picture of Starr on the Olympics thread (can't log into Photobucket these days :rolleyes: ), and came across this one... it's still relevant, don't you think? Let's keep the wonderful spirit alive that PT has always had! :)

Karen and Paul, you have started the greatest forum! :)

pitc9
11-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Ahh yes, the Olympics thread, that had me LOL everyday!! :D

I agree Randi, we have Karen and Paul to thank for giving crazy pet people like us a place where we can stay close to one another.

{{{{GROUP HUG!!!}}}}}

sasvermont
11-16-2007, 03:47 PM
That was one fun time too! :cool: