PDA

View Full Version : Billy doesn't feel well; HE'S GONE!

Freedom
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
I'll have him in to the vet's in the morning. Will phone them first thing and get him in.

Billy arrived here Mar 27th,he was 21.04 pounds, a huge gray and white tuxi boy. He seemed to be doing well with the transition, and most of the other cats stopped hissing at him. (Vita still hisses, but it took her 2 years to get used to Crystal, so nothing new there. :rolleyes: )

Last Thursday, I realized I hadn't seen him around much, so I started paying attention. He just sits and mopes, hardly moves an inch. I can't tell what he is eating or drinking, and he pees once per day, no poops that I've been able to identify as his. :( I picked him up today to hold him and he moaned and peed all over me. His pee is bright, bright yellow, very smelly, and a bit thick.

Once he finished christening me, I set him down and he wobbles rather than his bouncy walk. He has obviously lost weight, but he could afford to. I'll find out what he weighs tomorrow as well.

Paws crossed this is something easily remedied!

Medusa
06-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh boy, poor Billy. We'll send out prayers that all will be well really soon.

Catty1
06-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh, poor Billy - I hope it is something like a UTI - not fun, but treatable.

HUGS and prayers!

krazyaboutkatz
06-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Poor Billy.:( I hope that it's nothing serious and that he'll start feeling better soon. Please give us updates when you can.

Freedom
06-05-2007, 08:58 AM
We found Billy dead this morning. I can't understand this.

Medusa
06-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Oh no! I am so sorry this happened! I know you're well aware of this but try to comfort yourself w/the fact that Billy is at peace and not suffering at all now. This is so sad for you and I'm so sorry. Special prayers are going out to you and Billy is resting now, waiting to play at the RB.

Pawla
06-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I am so sorry. It is so hard to lose a beloved family member.

Catty1
06-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Oh NO!!!!!!

Freedom - I wonder if it was cancer, and got further along than it should have cause he was a big boy?

I am SO sorry...you were taking him in right away, and he just left. I hope your vet can give you some answers...an autopsy is expensive, and not something you want to do.

HUGS HUGS HUGS!

Thank you for loving Billy - and Billy, look down on your family and let them know you are ok.

Freedom
06-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Vet info in this thread.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1831442#post1831442

kb2yjx
06-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I cannot believe that Billy left you so quickly!!! Did he have and heart problems? Sleep softly, Big Billy...

shais_mom
06-05-2007, 09:04 PM
So sorry for your loss.