PDA

View Full Version : Weapons of mesh destruction found.

RICHARD
05-29-2007, 01:34 PM
They are here in Southern California.

All last night I was was awakened by the sound of claws on glass and screen door.

This morning the Edster pulled the wire insert out of the door, destroyed the mesh and went for a walk..

He climbed under my mom's house and out a vent that another cat destroyed.

--------

I spent 20 minutes guarding the hatch he went into on to later discover that he escaped on the other side of the pad....

I walked to the back yard where I found the repentant escapee lying in the sun....I guess he was too stunned by his freedom to go that far.

He's asleep on the back of the recliner now.....not realizing that he is in for a bath later on today....

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE...

What is the price of freedom???? :D

catfamily
05-29-2007, 03:21 PM
He made Daddy Scared I bet!! :confused:

cassiesmom
05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Oh, Edward! You slipped out when your dad was making his late-night raid on the orange tree and now I see you slipped out again! You are so silly! I'm glad you crashed in the sun so your dad could rescue you. I'll bet he was worried.

catmandu
05-29-2007, 07:52 PM
That Reminds Me Of When I Was Young And All Our Cats Were Indoor/outdoor.
They Would Let Us Know That They Wanted In By Leaping Onto The Screen Door And Yowling.
I Remember One Time I Left The Ground Level Screen Window Open And Michael And Princess Were In The Back Yard. I Though That Some One Had Broken In Until I Saw The Michael Sized Hole In The Screen.
I Am Glad That You Caught Edster.

critters
05-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Try PetScreen; my monsters haven't managed to hurt it in about 10 years. In fact, the door has fallen apart around it. :)

Pam
05-30-2007, 05:51 AM
I spent 20 minutes guarding the hatch he went into on to later discover that he escaped on the other side of the pad....

I am sitting here imagining the smirk on Ed's face when he realized you were parked at other end while he was out and enjoying his few moments of freedom.

I walked to the back yard where I found the repentant escapee lying in the sun....I guess he was too stunned by his freedom to go that far.

Nah, he was just waiting to see how long it would take you to leave your post. Sounds like the Edster stirs up his own fun when life gets dull. :D (And some people think cats aren't smart. :D )

Freedom
05-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Richard, you alwasy leave such great mental images when you write. I can just see you hunched over waiting, drumming fingers, ta[pping toes, while at the other end . . . kitty bliss! A sunbeam! He he.

Glad you got him.

He's quite intent, isn't he? He's the one who removed the fan from the window and now this. I think you need to step up the kitty security in your place; he's a master escape artist!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Aw, spring! A kitties thoughts turn to new ways of driving Dad NUTS!!! :D

DrKym
05-30-2007, 12:58 PM
ROFL,

Poor Edster! the dreaded bath....RICHARD you sound entirely to gleeful with that thought. I guess it is Eds Payback though......... :D

*whispers good job Ed!*

lbaker
05-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Were you at least dressed this time RICHARD? :o :eek: ;)

slick
05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Were you at least dressed this time RICHARD? :o :eek: ;) :D :D :D :D ROFLMAO!!!!!

RICHARD
05-30-2007, 01:41 PM
:D
:D :D :D :D ROFLMAO!!!!!

Both of you.....Bite me! :p :D

LOL, everytime I think about that I remember that cold wind 'blowing up the old canyon'...

And for the record,

I took out a folding hair and read the newpaper while I waited! :D

lbaker
05-30-2007, 01:50 PM
"a folding hair".... Is that anything like a comb-over, ala The Donald? :confused: ;) sorry RICHARD, you are just so easy and I'm in a goofy mood :p

slick
05-30-2007, 02:39 PM
:D :D :D OMD Laurie...you've got me laughing off my chair. Good thing my roommates are out for lunch. :D :D :D

maybe he meant a rabbit that can bend???? :p

Sevaede
05-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Never have a boring day, do ya? :D

lbaker
05-30-2007, 02:51 PM
"Bending Rabbits" ~ great name for a Rock Band :p Oh stop me, I'm killing myself :D

slick
05-30-2007, 03:01 PM
LOL I wouldn't suprise me if there was already a rock band by that name. :rolleyes: :D I can just see it now.

"Opening for the Bending Rabbits we have a new band on the scene. Please put your hands together and welcome....

The Hare Heads"...

See Richard???? You plant a seed and we run with it!!!! You're so easy...... :D :D

Stop killing yourself Twisted Sister. You are needed. ;)

Pam
05-30-2007, 04:36 PM
"a folding hair".... Is that anything like a comb-over, ala The Donald? :confused: ;) sorry RICHARD, you are just so easy and I'm in a goofy mood :p

Laurie, I don't see you here too often, but when you do post they are priceless! :D :D

gini
05-30-2007, 05:07 PM
:D

And for the record,

I took out a folding hair and read the newpaper while I waited! :D

So you took out your "folding hair" and your "new" paper (is that opposed to your "old" paper?) and then what did you do? (oh, maybe I don't want to know).

slick
05-30-2007, 05:36 PM
OMD Gini, I never caught the "newpaper"............. :D :D :D

Better the "new" paper as opposed to the "toilet" paper.... :eek: We certainly are on a "roll" aren't we??? :D :D :p

gini
05-30-2007, 05:40 PM
It was probably "two-ply" - we have good new paper here in LA.:D

lbaker
05-30-2007, 08:18 PM
"POOR RICHARDS ALMANAC" has yet another chapter ~ ;)

Karen
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Back to the original post - it's not just cats! One day a certain wee brown bunny found a hole - a tiny one - in the screen door in the kitchen. Paul, in the next room, heard loud "Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop!" noises, and wondered what the heck it could be. It was Miss Hoppy, each Pop! was another strand of screen tearing as she pulled the rip wider open! Thankfully he arrived before she made her way outdoors ... that and, if she had gone outdoors, her first instinct would have been to hop back in for a second - she always doublechecks entrances and exits for functionality ...

We now have a screen/storm door with adjustable glass panels. In the summer, both glass panels are down, so air can flow through the top portion of the screen, but the whole bottom half is doubly protected from those sharp bunny teeth!

RICHARD
05-31-2007, 02:36 AM
Back to the original post -

The voice of reason. ;)

Everyone knows that a sleeping man will listen to a sound three times before he can recognize it and assign a status to it.. :p

As for my folding hair and new paper.....

A correspondent, filing a story from the front lines, doesn't have the time to check for spelling...He trusts his brilliant readers to figure out what's going on! :D

gini
05-31-2007, 03:03 PM
The voice of reason. ;)

Everyone knows that a sleeping man will listen to a sound three times before he can recognize it and assign a status to it.. :p

As for my folding hair and new paper.....

A correspondent, filing a story from the front lines, doesn't have the time to check for spelling...He trusts his brilliant readers to figure out what's going on! :D

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/

Gosh, Richard, I had no idea you worked for a new paper!

Randi
05-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I can just picture the next episode... think we need a volunteer to go and film the scene tonight (Directors chair is ready!), and Richard may not be able to write anything the next few days - after the bathing session. Where do I get a ticket for the show?

Smart boy, Eddie! :D

RICHARD
05-31-2007, 04:52 PM
I can just picture the next episode... think we need a volunteer to go and film the scene tonight (Directors chair is ready!), and Richard may not be able to write anything the next few days - after the bathing session. Where do I get a ticket for the show?

Smart boy, Eddie! :D

NO animal will be hurt of filmed during the making of that movie....I usually give us BOTH a bath at the same time.......I don't want to traumatize the audience! :eek: :rolleyes:

lbaker
05-31-2007, 06:45 PM
"brilliant readers" YES!! It's been awhile since I've been referred to as "brilliant". Er, am I included in that? Whatever, I'll take kudos any time I can get them ;)

slick
05-31-2007, 08:17 PM
NO animal will be hurt of filmed during the making of that movie....I usually give us BOTH a bath at the same time.......I don't want to traumatize the audience! :eek: :rolleyes: OMD.....shut my eyes......A harey nikked Richard in the tub with Edster........ :eek: :eek:

Good thing it's not in Gini's bathtub. Heck, just one shaved leg can stop up the works!!!! :p :D

mrspunkysmom
05-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Well, in the South, Richard would be hairy and naked.

Nekked means your naked and doing somethin'

Thanks for the laughs

Yes, animals are smart. The Spunkmeister has me trained. He takes initiative too. When we play kitty-lympics in the hallway, he waits until I throw the last furry thing and then he trades places with me.

He remembers when I have baked fish or albacore in a can.

Anne