PDA

View Full Version : Koko

Barbiecat
05-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Help you guys, I'm a bit scared. I found a bump on my Siamese's right shoulder. Looks like a wart to me, flesh colored, not liquid filled, and fairly small. However, he must have been scratching at it because it's now a tiny bit bloody around the edges. He's going in to be checked soon, and I've actually sent a digital picture to his vet to look at first. Do any of you have any knowledge of what constitutes a wart vs. something really scary, like a cancer tumor? He's 12.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry I can't really hope but I hope your little guy is okay

Barbiecat
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for answering me anyway! Barb

KittyGurl
05-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Take him to the vet. Get it checked out. I'm really not sure what it is, but the vet should help you out with that. Good luck and keep us updated

Barbiecat
05-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Thank you KittyGurl. Since he's 12, I am sure I can expect issues to start happening with him, but it's so sad to see your "best friend" go through things that you never want him to have to experience. I am hoping that all will be well; he's eating, peeing, sleeping as normal, so hopefully it's just warts or something. He's going in next week to be checked out, just in case.

Barbara
05-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Is there another cat around? It could be a tiny wound as well. Tigris has wart-like things sometimes from fights with his brother :rolleyes:
I hope Koko will be fine.

moosmom
05-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Barbiecat,

It was so nice meeting you the other day at BB&B. I only wish I had time to chat with you. :(

The bump you're describing sounds like a lump caused by vaccinations. Ask your vet about that. Especially since she's a senior. The right shoulder is usually used for distemper for vaccinations.

Let us know what the whitecoats say.

Barbiecat
05-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks everybody. No, no other cats; he's an "only child". And no Donna, no recent vaccinations. I'm really hoping that it's just either food allergies or medication allergies. I'll know more after 6/4 when he goes to the vet.

Hellow
05-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Could you post the picture of it?

Barbiecat
05-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I tried to join Photobucket, but when I went to download pics, it just said downloading 0%, and never moved! So I dont' think I can. It started out as a flesh colored bump, then rapidly turned into a scab, so I'm hoping it's either a food allergy or medication allergy. He is acting normal, not in pain or anything. I'll know more after I take him to the vet on 6/4. Thanks for your concern.

Hellow
05-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I believe that it may be an infection or it could be just a bump you never know

Barbiecat
05-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Geez thanks Reggie, I don't want to hear the cancer word!

Hellow
05-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Just changed my last post.

Barbiecat
06-06-2007, 09:39 AM
The vet took off 4 lumps and sutured him up; now just waiting for the biopsy results. She seemed to think that they were benign ones; let's hope so.

Barbiecat
06-08-2007, 11:44 AM
The vet found 4 lumps; she called them mass cell tumors. Usually found on dogs; extremely rare on cats. NOT cancerous, thank God, but since they have little knowledge of what they do in cats, she wants me to keep track of any future lumps and have those removed, too, before they get beyond just a skin level. Phew! Thanks for all who responded.