PDA

View Full Version : I need Suggestions on Maxie's Memorial

elizabethann
05-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Some of you know my best kitty friend, Maxie, died in March. He was very young and I will never forget him. He was the best kitty in the world and I miss him more than anything....even today.

Anyhow, before I get all emotional and start crying, I had my local library purchase 2 books in Maxie's name. One is Dr. Pitcairn's Natural Health for Dogs & Cats and the other is a book on the elephant sanctuary in Tennessee. I believe it's called Just For Elephants. So I have an adult book and a young adult book.

I can put a bookplate in each of these books and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to what I should put. Should I put 2 different memorials or stick with the same? All suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you.

Daisy and Delilah
05-11-2007, 01:17 PM
What a super thing to do. I think that's one of the best ideas I've ever heard. It makes you feel as if you've gone that extra step to memorialize Maxie. I wish I would have done this for my RB pets.

Sorry I have no good ideas except for "In Loving Memory of Maxie" in both books. Maybe with the dates of birth and death on it too. I'm doing a memorial pillow for a lady's family right now and that's what I'm embroidering on it. Best wishes with whatever you decide. Please let us know. :)

pitc9
05-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss.. I never go to the Cat side, guess things like this make me realize that I should.

That's a wonderful thing you did is his memory.
As far as the plates in the books....

Maybe just something simple.

In memory of Maxie, not only a wonderful cat but also my best friend.

(sorry, I suck at this stuff :o )

elizabethann
05-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for everyone who pm'd ideas.

This is what I was thinking:

• Dr. Pitcarin book:

In memory of Maxie (his last name), a loving cat that died too young.
May this book help all cats & dogs live to a very old age.

• Elephant book:

In loving memory of Maxie (his last name), the fat cat that loved to cuddle.

What do you think of that? Too much? Too little?

jackie
05-11-2007, 01:35 PM
I like it, sweet and simple.

What a wonder and thoughtful memorial for your cat.

Daisy and Delilah
05-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Sounds great :)

catmandu
05-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I Have A Memorial Photo Album With The Photos Of My Cat Angels And Those Of Some Of My Pet Talker Friends.
Mine Say
To My Dear Mr Scrappy
Who I Will See Again
One Fine Day.
As An Example.
Maxie Was A Great Companion And You Will See Him In A Better Place Without Strife Where All Is Peaceful.
One Fine Day.

Hellow
05-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I like your ideas. But, may i make a suggestion? How about"Maxie is now playing on the rainbow bridge with all of the other pets that have passed on." after everything.

elizabethann
05-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I like your ideas. But, may i make a suggestion? How about"Maxie is now playing on the rainbow bridge with all of the other pets that have passed on." after everything.

Oops...too late. I didn't see your post until after I went to the library. I plan on donating money for a bench in a park that is being built down the street. Maybe I can put something like that on the bench.

Thanks for the idea.