PDA

View Full Version : My kitty is sick!

lenquiltr
05-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I sure could use some advice. My 4 year old cat just threw up what looked like mostly food and then fell over with something that looked like a convulsion. It lasted about 5 seconds and then he was up. He appears to be nervous and twitchy but there have been no more spells. Anyone with input? Sure would appreciate it!

Hellow
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Does your cat have a history of having siezurs? (hope thats how you spell it) :confused:

Catty1
05-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Call The Vet!

lenquiltr
05-10-2007, 09:21 PM
No, he doesn't have any health issues, in fact, we just were at the vet to have the anal glands massaged. They thought he was a fine specimen. He seems to be much better now but it was scary to see him just fall over on his side with legs twitching. Only lasted a few seconds and was after vomiting. :(

fragrancehound
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I would take him to the vet immediately. Occasional vomiting is one thing but seizures...that is entirely different. If he is having seizures and twitching that is not a good sign. Do you have an emergency hospital that you can call? That might be a good first step.

Grace
05-10-2007, 10:38 PM
I sure could use some advice. My 4 year old cat just threw up what looked like mostly food and then fell over with something that looked like a convulsion. It lasted about 5 seconds and then he was up. He appears to be nervous and twitchy but there have been no more spells. Anyone with input? Sure would appreciate it!

Don't waste time asking questions here - get to a Vet, now!!

lenquiltr
05-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks so much to all who were responded to my questions. Cricket is better today after antibiotic injection and oral meds.

jennielynn1970
05-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Did the vet say what it was that he is treating?? Was it something he ate or something else?? Poor Cricket. Glad the kitty is feeling better.

lenquiltr
05-14-2007, 07:09 AM
He had a low grade temp indicating infection, probably from the anal gland procedure the week before. Fever can cause seizures, according to the vet. We are to call if another should occur, and he will be put on anti-seizure medication. I have to say -- squirting that antibiotic into his mouth is quite a project! But within a day he was back playing tag with us! We're SO glad to have him obviously feeling better! :)

Grace
05-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Wonderful news - thanks for the update!!