PDA

View Full Version : Moby's lumpy head!

smokey the elder
05-03-2007, 01:47 PM
I noticed a pea-sized hard lump on Mobius' head the other night, by her left ear, so off to the white coats! Dr. S. checked her out and said he thinks it's a benign cyst, and with her age and diabetes, it's better to avoid surgery for now. So Moby's new nickname will be...Lumpy! :p ;)

Barbara
05-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Good to hear it's nothing serious. How old is Mobius?

smokey the elder
05-03-2007, 03:02 PM
She's 13.5 years old. Here's a pic of her with RB Pixel, taken quite a few years ago.

jennielynn1970
05-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I noticed a pea-sized hard lump on Mobius' head the other night, by her left ear, so off to the white coats! Dr. S. checked her out and said he thinks it's a benign cyst, and with her age and diabetes, it's better to avoid surgery for now. So Moby's new nickname will be...Lumpy! :p ;)

Not to deny the vet, but aren't cysts usually more jelly like, and moveable? I've had cats that had them before, and they weren't hard, and they did move around. If it's hard and isn't moving around, I'd get a 2nd opinion. Not to be alarmist, but that's my thought on it.

KittyGurl
05-03-2007, 03:50 PM
That's great that Moby is okay. When I read the first sentence, I thought "Oh No! Cancer!" But now I'm so happy that your wittle kitty is doing good and love the pic :)

mrspunkysmom
05-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I agree with Jenn. Spunky's cysts was pea-sized and not movable. It was cancer.

Please have the do a biopsy.

anne

smokey the elder
05-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Thanks. It is hard, but movable. Maybe I'll have an oncologist look at it (I have a history with another cat and I really like them.)

kb2yjx
05-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I have to agree with the posts suggesting a biopsy. WIth senior kitties, you NEVER know and have to be so careful!!! Better to err on the side of caution!!
Hope the results will be negative!! Prayers for Moby...