PDA

View Full Version : Opps!

aly
07-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Moby and Angel are getting neutered tonight......... yes they are BOTH getting neutered. The reason Angel is getting neutered instead of spayed is because SHE'S a HE!!!! I knew it!!! I told the vet tech when I got him that it was a boy but she said its a girl! So the vet tech who is helping with surgeries tonight just called to tell me I'm a bad, bad foster mom because I gave my kitten an identity crisis :D

Moby's out of the surgery and doing well and Angel is about to get done. Now I gotta think of a new name!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-10-2002, 08:47 PM
**LOL**:D :D
How about the name Gabriel? That is an angel's name. :)

sasvermont
07-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Gabriel is already taken!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-10-2002, 10:12 PM
Now an OOPS for me..:o ;)

aly
07-11-2002, 12:26 AM
No opps for you... Gabriel was a cute idea :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-11-2002, 12:54 AM
Aly, are you going to be able to keep any of the kittens that you're fostering? :) I sure hope that you can keep at least one. I really think that Shiloh needs a playmate. :D How old are the two kittens that you got neutered? I'm glad they are doing well. :)

gini
07-11-2002, 01:16 AM
Sasvermont has already said my very first thought exactly, just change it to Angelo! No identity crisis needed!

aly
07-11-2002, 03:21 AM
I really want to keep one of the kitties but I dont think I should right now. I'm trying to find a place to move where I can have more animals. My landlord here has been very nice to me allowing me to foster a ton of animals but I think he is getting sick of it. Also, I think I'm going to New York afterall and my mom already told me she's just watching my three animals, no extras. She knows the way I work :rolleyes: I already have a home for Angel and he is the one that would best fit with us. Moby is a sweetheart but he is SO needy that none of the other animals would be able to get attention. He follows me around everywhere and HAS to be right up in my face. He hates it if I pay attention to anything else at all. He doesn't even like it when I take a shower! He always grabs my face and stares into my eyes and licks me and nurses on me. He can never get enough attention. He's only satisfied when I'm looking straight at him not doing anything else. He just can't get enough loving. Angel follows me around everywhere too but at least she... err I mean he.. lets me do other things at the same time.

Angel is 3 and a half months and Moby is about 4 and a half months. Moby was definately a single bottle baby taken away from mama too soon. You can tell right away by his personality. I wonder how I'm going to find him a home that will tolerate his extreme neediness. I would like for him to go to a home with other cats too so he'll have company during the day or when no one's home. I actually wanted both of them to go to homes with both cats and dogs but I thought that was getting too picky. What can I say, I'm an overprotective mother :)

Pam
07-11-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by gini
Sasvermont has already said my very first thought exactly, just change it to Angelo! No identity crisis needed!

Great idea Gini! I love the name Angelo for a boy kitty! :cool: Yes, I do believe there could only ever be one Gabriel. He is one of a kind. ;)

aly
07-11-2002, 01:43 PM
My babies are home, safe and sound. Now the reality has sunk in that they are ready to go to their new homes and I'm sad :(

sammi
07-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by aly
My babies are home, safe and sound. Now the reality has sunk in that they are ready to go to their new homes and I'm sad :(

And just think Aly you are the one that made them safe & sound - I am sure you are sad but you have done a great job getting them ready for a new home.

lovemymaltese
07-11-2002, 02:05 PM
Best of luck to them, sorry that Angel is a girl name, I still like it though.

Randi
07-11-2002, 03:00 PM
I like SAS's idea! Angelo!! ;)

lovemymaltese
07-11-2002, 03:35 PM
Yeah, Angelo is good. I like it too.

aly
07-11-2002, 05:12 PM
I dont think Angelo fits him though. It sounds too "tough". He's a girly man!!! hehehe

aly
07-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by sammi

And just think Aly you are the one that made them safe & sound - I am sure you are sad but you have done a great job getting them ready for a new home.

Thanks... that makes me feel better. One would be at a construction site and the other would have been euthanized at the kill shelter if I didn't take them.

aly
07-12-2002, 01:40 AM
I can't sleep!! I think I changed my mind and want to keep Angel!!!!! Ugh, its not a good time but I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove him so much.

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2002, 02:04 AM
Then go with your heart Aly and keep him. If you don't you may regret it the rest of your life. Your Mom will understand won't she? I think it would also be great for Shiloh. :) Good luck with your decision. :)

aly
07-12-2002, 12:01 PM
I called in sick to work today because I can't move my neck AT ALL so I can't drive and I know I wouldn't be productive at work like this. Anyway, that woman was supposed to come in and meet Angel today :o I called work and told them to call her and tell her to come look at this other orange kitty we have there, hehe.

aly
07-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Here are my boys recovering from their surgery:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p94405d3d931b9eaa5626a147ed5c231d/fd8b3ea8.jpg

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-12-2002, 06:56 PM
AWWW THAT PICTURE IS PRICELESS!!! THEY ARE SO CUUUUUUTTTTEEEE!!!!!!!!

sasvermont
07-12-2002, 07:06 PM
Aly, don't be too sad about the kittens getting new homes. From my experience it takes so little time for them to adjust and if their homes are nice and loving, well, they will be fine. Really. The secret is to find the correct match. Sometimes its just luck and sometimes not. Keep the chin up....and find those babes new homes so you can live your life in NY. Good luck finding their new homes. I am sure you will do the right thing!
;)

P. S. I was just kidding about Gabriel being taken. I don't have exclusive claims on that name. !!! You may name your kitten whatever you want. ;) :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2002, 07:15 PM
What a cute picture Aly. They really look like they have become best friends. Maybe you should try to have someone adopt both of them so that they can stay together. Good luck. :)

aly
07-12-2002, 07:30 PM
You're right :( I'm thinking I might feel better if I can find them a home together. You can tell by the pictures that they are very attached. I know there will be tons more in the future I'll be in love with and I should wait for a better time before I take on an extra one. All I want is for them to be spoiled rotten.

--guess I was writing at the same time as you krazyaboutkatz!!! Great minds think alike!--

NoahsMommy
07-13-2002, 12:23 AM
I think you should keep the name Angel...it is a boys name too! :)

They are such cuties Aly!!!! I love it that they are all cuddly with each other!!! So sweet!!!

aly
07-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Well they have a home .... :) :( I'm having mixed emotions about it. I'm really going to miss them :(

The new home isn't definate yet because the girl hasn't met them. She came into the shelter today and I didn't have them with me. She was looking for 2 kittens so they could keep each other company when she's not home. She wants them indoor only and she's not going to declaw :) She's around my age. I hope my kitties like her and she likes them. If all goes well, they will be going home with her either tomorrow or Monday.

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2002, 10:54 PM
That sounds wonderful Aly. I'm so glad that they will be able to stay together. :) I know it will be hard to let them go but at least you'll know that they are in a happy and loving home. :) Good luck. I hope everything goes well. :)

Cincy'sMom
07-14-2002, 07:46 AM
Your babies are adorable! I hope this girl will work out so they can go together. Their like kids...you do the best you can to raise them right, and then you send them off into the world :) ( As if I've ever had kids :p) Good luck Aly! Letting them go will be hard, and then some other needy kitten or puppy will come along...

aly
07-14-2002, 08:17 PM
Well that girl never showed up today. But I have permission from my bosses that I can require they go home together :D :D

I'm not going to leave them up at work, just going to take them with me on the days I work then bring them back home every night until they find a home.