PDA

View Full Version : new puppy? *update post #12*

IRescue452
04-24-2007, 07:03 PM
We got a call back from a rescue we had put an application in for, for a 6 month old cocker pup. We get to go visit him Saturday and they will do a home visit next week.
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/WI193/WI193.8132794-1-x.jpg

We got Wally's story. He was found at 4 months old roaming the streets. He ran under a car while they were catching him and the guy had to pull him out by his back legs. As this was happening he turned around and bit the guy without breaking the skin. He was scheduled to be euthanized the next day because of this. The lady from the rescue saw the bite and said it looked more like a scratch than bite marks. Nonetheless they still tell potential adoptors that he may have bitten before. So this purebred puppy has been sitting in foster care for two months without anybody wanting him because of this pathetic "bite" case. Other than that he checks out as having a fine temperment.

k9krazee
04-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh good luck! He sure is a cutie!!

Taz_Zoee
04-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Well hello!! I would have bitten the guy too if he was pulling on my back legs!! :eek: In this picture he almost looks like a cockapoo. Too cute!! I hope you can get him.

chocolatepuppy
04-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Wally sure is cute! Good luck! :D

kallisto4529
04-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Poor baby, of course any animal that is scared for one, and has some strange guy pulling on his back legs is going to snap, its nature, my heart just goes out this beautiful little baby. I do so pray you get him, he is just wonderful.

Ginger's Mom
04-25-2007, 05:29 AM
Oh he is adorable. Paws and fingers crossed here that Wally finds his way into such a loving Pet Talk home.

pitc9
04-25-2007, 07:39 AM
They say he's pure Cocker? I too think he looks like a Cocker/Poodle mix.
No matter, he's cute!

Sierra too was pulled from a shelter by a rescue and was death row at 5 months old because she bit the dog warden when she was being captured.

IRescue452
04-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Maybe he is a cockapoo. When we get to see him up close we'll know for sure. Boy names are appreciated, I know we probably wouldn't keep Wallace.

dab_20
04-26-2007, 09:29 PM
He's adorable!! Look at that cute cocker face!! AWWWWW!! hehe I have a soft spot for cocker spaniels. ;) Good luck getting that little sweetie. He sure is cute!

In my opinion, he looks full cocker, just not bred by a reputable breeder.

Taz_Zoee
04-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Ok, I've been looking at this puppy trying to come up with some good names.
Well, I just got done watching Survivor and came back to this puppy, and the name Mookie just jumped out at me!! What do you think??

Kfamr
04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh, he is adorable! I agree with the others, he looks to be a mix, a cute one! Good luck.

I like the name Wallace/Wally but he looks like a Gabriel/Gabe to me. :)

IRescue452
04-28-2007, 08:17 PM
We met him today! He is definately pure cocker. Buff and sable in color. His tail is docked, but long at 4 inches. His "twin" showed up at the original shelter a day after the rescue got him, so we all think somebody let them go on purpose because they couldn't sell all the puppies in their litter. They were impressed at how my little sisters handled the animals in the room, being gentle with the cats that were running around and that they could get Autumn to follow commands well. They were impressed by Autumn's behavior and that her teeth are so clean for a 7 year old. The vet checked out ok and they are ok with limited vaccinations. I was impressed that Wally didn't show a single sign of protest when I was picking at his mouth and toes trying to see if he'd pull away. Hopefully we get him. All we have to do is pass the home inspection, and we have a 3.5 story house filled with kids toys and papers to clean. Tomorrow is a spring cleaning day for sure.

chocolatepuppy
04-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Paws and fingers crossed here. I'm sure you'll pass the inspection. :)

Ginger's Mom
04-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Glad to hear that the meet went well, and that they liked you and your family. Can't wait to see more of this little guy. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-28-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm glad to hear everything went well! He's adorable. I really like his colouring.

IRescue452
04-30-2007, 11:21 PM
The home visit is on Wednesday. If all goes well they will be leaving him with us.

Vela
05-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Good luck with the home visit! I bet you are so excited.

k9krazee
05-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Good luck! :D