PDA

View Full Version : Urine sample - HOW?

Freedom
04-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Vita had to provide a urine sample for the vet today

So she spent the night in a bedroom by herself, with a clean litterbox and some "NO-SORB" in the box.

I checked this morning: nothing.

Waited a while and checked. Nothing. Now it's been 12 hours she's been in there. Sigh.

So I take her in to the vet's. They check her bladder is full but she's holding it and won't release. If they press any harder, they are afraid they will rupture it. So I approve a "cysto." They take a sample of what they need, using a syringe and inserting a needle into her bladder. They only take what they need, they don't empty the bladder.

On the drive home, she let go in her carrier. :rolleyes: So Vita and the carrier have had baths, everyone has what they need, and I'm $68.00 poorer. (That's for both the cysto AND the urinalysis.)

I guess I just needed to rant a bit.

Catty1
04-16-2007, 10:20 AM
That is ONE stubborn little girl!

Will you ever forgive her?

What? She's had TREATS already???

I guess she is forgiven? :)

I hope everything checks out ok!

Freedom
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
NO TREATS! Did I say that? I don't think I did; I sure didn't MEAN to say that! Nope, she has gone to sit and dry off from her "rear half" bath. And do you know WHERE she is sitting to dry off?

On my bed!

lvpets2002
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
;) Awee poor baby.. She was just holding it all in for the right moment with meowmom.. :D Sorry I had to chuckle just a little bit.. I will bet she feels a lot better now.. :p

Randi
04-16-2007, 11:50 AM
If anyone can be stubborn, cats can!! :rolleyes: Glad the vet managed to get a urine example.... who else would be able to? ;)

I'm sure she's feeling a lot better now. :)

Killearn Kitties
04-16-2007, 11:58 AM
:D Oh dear. What can you say? Cats!

DrKym
04-16-2007, 12:17 PM
if it makes you feel any better....ours held it until the vets office....then he peed on Steve :eek: poor vet.

Catty1
04-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Freedom....I would guess she is sitting on clean dry laundry to dry off???? ;)

jenluckenbach
04-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Lucas once held his water for 24 hours refusing to pee in an empty box. :rolleyes: Darned stubborn cats.

Freedom
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Thank goodness for all your replies!

I was worried you experts were going to tell me the "easy" way it's done! Gosh, I feel lots better. Really thought I was missing something. :)

phesina
04-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Such a ....CAT!!!

Glad it all came out all right in the end... wait, do I really mean that?

Pat

krazyaboutkatz
04-17-2007, 12:41 AM
At least she had a full bladder when she was at the vets so that they could get a sample. Storm usually doesn't have enough in his bladder or he has an empty bladder so then I have to leave him there for a while until he gets a fuller one.

I'm sorry to hear that she had an accident in the carrier. You might want to start lining it with puppy training pads in the future. I always do this with Starr because he's been known to have accidents.

Freedom
04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
I DO normally have padding in the carrier. I took it out because, IF she decided to go on the way TO the vet's, they could get the sample from the carrier base. :p

Vita just wasn't interested in cooperating yesterday!