PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Norton: He is BLOCKED!!!

kb2yjx
04-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Last night, I decided not to go to the vigil servce, so was brushing my teeth, when Norton(our oldest at 15)came in to use the box. He was in there FOREVER and passed three minute drops of urine!!! Called Animerge @ 2310, and was there by 2345. Norton is blocked up!! I had to leave him there @ 0230, he now has a catheter, IV, antibiotics, and good care. I called this morning at 0700, he still has the catheter and IV, and had eaten a bit. Will call around 1600, and Barry and I will go see him this evening. It just is NOT Easter without him!!! The last time he was blocked was in 1994!! Will post after we visit. Thank you for all your prayers for our sweet Norton!!! Sandra

Karen
04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Awww, glad he's getting help, poor baby. He'll be in our prayers.

jenluckenbach
04-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Many prayers (and thoughts for an Easter miracle) for Norman. Such a sad way to celebrate a holiday, worrying about your baby. :(

phesina
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Prayers and healing thoughts for Norton are being prayed and thought. It's good you noticed this and took him in right away.

Love, hugs, and purrs,

Pat, Peony, Poppy, Elmer, Sydney, and Priscilla

Freedom
04-08-2007, 01:16 PM
He is in good hands, and you got him right in there. Prayers for a speedy and full recovery for Norman!

krazyaboutkatz
04-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear this:( but I'm glad that he's getting the help that he needs. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Catty1
04-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Glad you were right there! I know he'll be better soon!

Prayers and hugs to Norton!

kb2yjx
04-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Sorry that I did not get the chance to post last evening. Norton is now at our vet's. The catheter has been removed and he still has an IV line. He looks so sad!! Last night when we visited him, he did perk up a little when I gave him some butter(one of his favourite foods). Barry and I will go see him after supper, Norton will get some chicken and butter. Dr. Ascher will keep him overnight. I sure miss that fellow, no one else sleeps between our pillows at night on the bed!! Thanks for all your support, prayers, and words of comfort, they sure mean alot!!! Norton was Ralph Syracuse's best friend.

catmandu
04-09-2007, 04:07 PM
The Pet Angel Visitation Commitee led by Ralph Syracuse , Spunky , Spunkier ,Hayley , Molly Mew, Boo Boo Cat and Sylvia Purrogdi.
They have raided every restaurant and buffet in Las Vegas and stopped by here for Mice and Cat Nip so they can comfort thier Dear Friend.
We are praying hard for Norton that the White Coats can send him home as soon as possible.
In Gods name we are praying for Our Friend Norton to be well.

lvpets2002
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
:( Awee poor baby.. So sorry for wittle Norton.. He is in good hands with the White Coats.. Hope you get well soon Norton.. Many Huggss & Prayers..

Prairie Purrs
04-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Poor Norton! I'm sure he'll enjoy his chicken and butter. I hope he gets better right away so he can come home to his sleeping spot between the pillows.

phesina
04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Sounds like Norton is in excellent hands with your vet! More prayers and healing energies for him...

Love,
Pat and cats

kb2yjx
04-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Norton was so happy to see us, that not only did he head butt us, he also head butted his litter box!! I put Bach Rescue Remedy on his ears, he munched on the chicken, licked the butter off my finger, and ate the special diet, Royal Canin SO. After we got home, we got a call from Dr. Ascher. A full bladder was palpated, Norton passed about 1 and a half tablespoons of urine. SO, he is not emptying his baldder. Dr. Ascher gave him a pain med and steriods to help him. He will be checked in the morning, fo he does not empty his bladder, Norton will have to be re-catherized. My poor boy!!! Also, blood was drawn for a T-4, the vet felt an enlarged thyroid gland!! Thanks for all the prayers, please keep them coming, Norton sure can use all he can get!!!

Medusa
04-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Lots of prayers going out to Norton and you. It's a good thing you were there to notice his problem right away. Keep the faith.

jennielynn1970
04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Awe... Poor Norton! I hope that he can start peeing more on his own. I doubt he liked having a cath in him :eek: Did the vet give any ideas as to why he can't/won't empty his bladder on his own or is it that he's still blocked??? I've never had to deal with a blocked kitty, although with the way mine have been peeing on everything in the house, I almost wish they were!

Barbara
04-11-2007, 09:37 AM
I hope they find the reason for Norton's bladder problems soon. Poor little guy, a catheter is no fun.