PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it! She did it!

gini
04-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Every morning Rascal or Annie jump on my lap as I sit at this computer.
It is their special time with Mom and they get lots of loving.

Emma has always been my scared little girl. She was afraid of feet for the longest time and I finally got her over that. She is deathly afraid of any company and always hides.

She will sit on my lap if I pick her up and then she is happy and purrs away.

But I could NOT get her to jump in my lap on her own. Now understand that this is the girl who can jump onto the sofa, bound over to the dining room table in one flying leap knocking everything off the table. But she wouldn't jump onto my lap.

This morning she DID IT! I made a huge fuss over her accomplishment and I was rewarded with many love bites and loud purring.

It has only taken five years!! Way to go Emma!

DrKym
04-04-2007, 11:33 AM
WOOOOT!!! awesome Emma!
gini I bet you are on cloud nine! I am very happy for you!

Laura's Babies
04-04-2007, 11:33 AM
CONGRATULATIONS EMMA! You made your Meowmie very happy and there are a lot of benifits to jumping in laps!!!

Karen
04-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Awww, congratulations, Emma!

Killearn Kitties
04-04-2007, 11:55 AM
What a wonderful achievement! You must be on Cloud Nine, Gini. :D
Clever girl Emma sweetie.

lbaker
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I felt sooo privileged when Emma just allowed me to look at her! I can just imagine what a warm feeling that gave you Gini :cool: Good girl Emma :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-04-2007, 12:07 PM
But she wouldn't jump onto my lap.

This morning she DID IT!

Hmmmm ...

Apparently she hasn't mentioned what she WANTS!

:p

Edwina's Secretary
04-04-2007, 12:13 PM
What an accomplishment! I remember the first time Edwina jumped in my lap (albeit it took a little less time than Emma!) I was over the moon!

Way to go Gini!

Randi
04-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Aww Gini, isn't that wonderful! :D I can assure you I know how you feel, it took ages before Fister would jump up in the bed, not to mention how long it was before we could lift him.

Way to go Emma, you're really getting brave - and you know, you'll find yourself in mommy's lab every morning from now on, I bet! ;)

Logan
04-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Gini, I can remember posting here at Pet Talk, late at night, when Butter finally decided that my lap was where he wanted to be. I dared not move as I loved it so much!!!! :) I know exactly what you are feeling!!!! The darned legs get a bit numb, after a while, but it is SO worth it!!! :D

Logan

sirrahbed
04-04-2007, 01:31 PM
awww :D I am happy to read about Emma. It is extra special becasue it was a long time coming!! It is interesting that some more timid cats can take so long to be able to completely trust and relax.

Our Lizzie is almost four years old and is just now starting to be an occassional lap baby. I used to call her "ice princess" because she was so aloof.

I hope this is just the beginning of many sessions of Emma cuddling into your lap Gini :)

catmandu
04-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I remember the first time that the very shy Cats Miquelito, Pouncierge , Rocca , John Hancock and Precious first came to see me instead of running away.
And of course when the Porch Cats trusted me finally and became Poofed Cats.Thats great that Emma decided that you were a nice place to curl up on!!

Barbara
04-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Aaawwww Emma, you rock :)
The times Filou jumped on my lap- I can count them with one hand. But the more precious it is !
Emma- didn't you think it was very very nice? :)

Freedom
04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
*HUGE GRIN!* Emma, this is so wonderful! I hope you enjoyed the feeling! Make mom sorry you ever learned (not that this is possible, by try!) :D

lvpets2002
04-04-2007, 04:30 PM
;) ;) Woo Hoo Emma what a big step you took.. Your meowmom is all smiles now..

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Whooo hoooo!!! Way to go Emma!

Gini, hope she continues to jump up, although you might have to extend your time on the computer if you now have to pet 3 kitties per sitting. ;) :D

slick
04-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Oh Gini, I can see your grin and hear your happiness from way up here!!!

I felt sooo privileged when Emma just allowed me to look at her! I can just imagine what a warm feeling that gave you Gini Good girl Emma
I remember the last time I was down there. I was lying on my tummy and reached underneath the bed and Emma smelled my hand. That was enough for me at the time. Maybe if I visited more often Emma might do that to me too!!! Yeah, right!! Wishful thinking.

So happy for you Gini. :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2007, 12:13 AM
This is great news!!!:D Way to go Emma!!!:D

Reachoutrescue
04-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Alright Emma! Great job. See patience pays off! You are a very luck meowmie!! Good girl Emma!

ChrisH
04-05-2007, 04:20 AM
That's wonderful! :D :D