PDA

View Full Version : Best colored hair dye?

Suki Wingy
04-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi, I need some help finding the longest lasting/brightest colored hair dye. (I mean like blue, pink, purple, green, etc.) Everything I have tried is extremely faded out and barley lasts a day. The longer lasting, the better. So far Loreal one step is the only thing that works, and it is also convenient that I don't have to bleash it first but I'm getting bored of just red and pink.
any input would be appreciated :)

Husky_mom
04-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I have no clue but I wanted to add a color to your request...... WHITE!!

I want to get some white hair, really snow white......

when I went red it faded quite fast so if you can help us I might try that again....... along with the white hehe

k9krazee
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
I dyed my hair a bright redish purple using the Loreal 8-10 wash stuff, and it lasted forever!! About 4 months, at least. Its the only product I've ever tried though, sorry I couldn't be much help.

Suki Wingy
04-02-2007, 03:08 PM
thanks though, maybe I'll try that. I found this picture on someone's deviantart stock account and I thought it would be cool to try.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/037_by_shyble_stock.jpg
I'm getting my hair cut again, a bob short in the back and longer in the front. I think I'll also get it chemically straightened because it always just poofs up with light waves that become a ball of frizz.
I found Manic Panic (http://www.manicpanic.com/) I think I have been to that site before, perhaps someone else posted it on a previous thread.

Husky_mom
04-02-2007, 03:21 PM
that sure seem like a LOT of work, but very nice!!

I also saw Manic in white.....so I thought I could try that but I´m trying to get someone in USA to get it delivered to and then sent to me or something...

I can get Manic in blues, reds, pinks at Sallys in El Paso, but no white whatsoever...... they are about 10 bucks but being delivered it would be like four times that....... :rolleyes:

Karen
04-02-2007, 03:21 PM
thanks though, maybe I'll try that. I found this picture on someone's deviantart stock account and I thought it would be cool to try.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/037_by_shyble_stock.jpg
I'm getting my hair cut again, a bob short in the back and longer in the front. I think I'll also get it chemically straightened because it always just poofs up with light waves that become a ball of frizz.
I found Manic Panic (http://www.manicpanic.com/) I think I have been to that site before, perhaps someone else posted it on a previous thread.

That does look cool, but it also looks like a wig, not her real hair!

binka_nugget
04-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I've always used Punky Color. It's similar to Manic Panic but easier to find here.

Here's a photo of me after I used Punky Color:

http://photos-678.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v63/141/122/545305230/n545305230_134678_3745.jpg

I have black hair so I usually bleach twice over a couple days (and condition lots!) The lighter the hair, the easier it is to take. They're supposed to be "semi-permanent" but I've found that they actually last longer than regular hair dyes. I think the tub says to leave it on for 15 minutes or something like that.. but since it's non-damaging to your hair, I leave it on for hours.

Suki Wingy
04-02-2007, 03:39 PM
thanks. I'll try Sally's before ordering and paying for shipping. Karen, she claims it's her real hair.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/31368392/
and punky.com also has a formula that they say lasts a "lons @$$ time"

Karen
04-02-2007, 03:58 PM
thanks. I'll try Sally's before ordering and paying for shipping. Karen, she claims it's her real hair.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/31368392/
and punky.com also has a formula that they say lasts a "lons @$$ time"

Hee hee - it just looks suspicious to me because of the texture of it, and that shadow behind her ear that forms a dark line exactly like the edge of a wig would!

My first job was selling wigs, so I can spot them in real life far more often than is comfortable!

Suki Wingy
04-03-2007, 02:27 PM
well, I went to Sally's and they only had reds, pinks, and purples and only in their semi-perminent formula. I bought cotton candy pink, ultraviolet, and some other brand of blue. I bleached my hair but there wasn't enough to cover it all so I'm going to get another bleach kit tonight.

buttercup132
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Pictures after??:D

Also do you know how much it cost to get your hair straightened? Mine dose the same thing I hate it. As soon as it gets humid out it frizzes then starts to get wavy. And if it gets wet it curls :eek: I hate it! I wish I never had to straighten it.

Husky_mom
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
please post pics of the outcome I love pink....... I want to make me some highlights in pink hehe but maybe in the hot hot pink, I loove purple haze too, also pretty flamingo, pillarbox red, vampire red and the snow white one....... aww so many pretty colors

Roxyluvsme13
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
*wishes her mom would let her dye her hair* I asked her if I could dye it in the non-permanent stuff for POTC:3 and she said No, you'll look gothic. :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
:) I have to agree with Karen on the wig looking part :cool: .. Hey tell you all that I think natural Salt-n-Pepper is the best look.. Thats my natural hair color.. :D
That does look cool, but it also looks like a wig, not her real hair!

Blue_Frog
04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I know my sister always dyed her hair in many different colours when she was in highschool (blues, purples, greens, etc.), and always used the Manic Panic stuff. Lates shes been using different, i'll see if i can get the name from her if you like.

I also found this site (note: it has a painful layout to look at), that seems to have a lot of links to different hair dye companies --
http://www.zyra.org.uk/hairdye.htm

k9krazee
04-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Oooohh...I wanna see before/after pics, Eva!!! :D

sweetpatata6
04-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Pictures after?? :D

Also do you know how much it cost to get your hair straightened? Mine dose the same thing I hate it. As soon as it gets humid out it frizzes then starts to get wavy. And if it gets wet it curls :eek: I hate it! I wish I never had to straighten it.

I know how you feel. Same here. My mom spends an hour once a week straighing my hair ((She'll only do it once a week :( , but I'm so glad she can do it for me))

I also thaught about getting it temporaroly ((6 months)) straightened, but also wondered about the cost... Like buttercup said, anyone got an idea about the cost?

Suki Wingy
04-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I have no clue how much it costs to get it straightened. I might not have to if I the spray I got works. My hair is major firzz, not just in humidity, but everyday. I'm gonna do the second bleach tonight and I also bought super strong conditioner. Whatever I do it has to be chin length straight cut and black for October, I've been saving for my costume forever, it's going to cost over $250 :( :eek: but I also havn't had a real costume in years.

Almita
04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I say dark blue, or navy blue. my friend got hers like that and it last for a long time like a month or two.

Argranade
04-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Please do post photos! :D

I just put a randome pink stroke in my hair lol, I plan on going blond with black high lights, but I'm not sure when cause right now I have to make $1000 for a bird so it will have to wait.

Suki Wingy
04-04-2007, 03:37 PM
ok, tonight the color goes in!

Suki Wingy
04-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Wednesday night I spent 1/5 hours putting in the dye and another 2 letting it set. The blue took over but some purple and a teeny bit of pink are showing. You can tell I did it myself but I love it anyway. A few people have had not make rude or weird comments but mostly everyone just politley commented of even better didn't say anything. :) (After all it's just hair people!) I took pics but I can't find my camera cord. :o

wolfsoul
04-08-2007, 02:23 PM
We use Manic Panic on the dogs at work. We had one bichon we dyed completely pink and it took about a year before it went away -- had to grow out. We also have a pom whose pants we dye pink, and the last time we dyed them was last summer and they are still pink.

k9krazee
04-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Can't wait to see the pics! :D

Argranade
04-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Photos .. waiting ... photos! :D