PDA

View Full Version : Snakes

SANDY FROST
07-05-2002, 09:32 PM
WHAT KIND OF SNAKES DO YOU HAVE? I HAVE 2 ALBINO CORN SNAKES.
ALSO DO YOU FEED LIVE OR FROZEN MICE?
Sandy Frost

Logan
07-05-2002, 11:08 PM
There are no snakes in this house. :)

SANDY FROST
07-06-2002, 12:01 AM
:) THATS FINE. YOU EITHER LIKE SNAKES OR YOU DON'TLOOKS LIKE YOU
HAVE A GOLDEN RETRIEVER. THEY ARE COOL DOGS. I HAD TWO OF THEM.
SANDY FROST

zippy-kat
07-06-2002, 12:16 AM
No snakies in here either!

Actually, I think you might be the first member on the board to own snakes!

SANDY FROST
07-06-2002, 12:27 AM
WHAT CAN I SAY I LOV MY SNAKES AND YOLU PEOPLE ARE SO MUCH FUN TO E-MAIL TOO.
SANDY FROST:)

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2002, 12:32 AM
I only have 3 cats. No snakes here either.

SANDY FROST
07-06-2002, 12:43 AM
HAVE 3 BENGAL CATS. NAMES -TIGGER,YURI AND BAXTER.
SANDY FROST;)

Uabassoon
07-06-2002, 02:38 AM
I don't have any snakes. But when I used to work at Petco I loved playing with the corn snakes.

ChrisH
07-06-2002, 08:34 AM
No snakes in this house either, just a dog and a bird but I DO like snakes. Never actually been near one, except the other side of the glass cages at the zoo. Would like to, though I don`t think I could keep one, I`m a real softy and couldn`t feed them mice and other creatures, even frozen ones!

Sam's My Baby
07-06-2002, 08:45 AM
I dont have any snakes either...my mom is really scared of them lol. But I think they are really cool. When I was little I used to go to my friends house and we would collect little gardener snakes, (I would pick them up) and then we would let them go again. ;) :D

NoahsMommy
07-07-2002, 07:35 PM
EEP! They scare me a bit...that is cool you like them though. :) What kind of snakes do you have?

SANDY FROST
07-07-2002, 10:29 PM
:cool: :p I have two albino corn snakes. Their colors are orange and cream color. And the other one is red and and cream color. Asnoe corn of which I do not have is all white. The normal color of corn snake is black and straw color.
Sandy

SANDY FROST
07-07-2002, 10:38 PM
:D POPPENCORN BIRD AND NOAH'S MOMMY. May I say that you have nice
pets. Nohah looks very cute. And of course cockitiels are very cool birds.

I feels so cool to hold my snakes. I can feel their sheer strenth as they move
around my arms and hands. But these are beginner's snakes and they do not
bite.

CORNEILUS AND SIDNEY SEND THEIR LUVTO YOU AND YOUR PETS
Sandy Frost

slleipnir
07-07-2002, 11:07 PM
I love snakes :] I've always wanted one but am not allowed to get one. My friend has a huge fear of them..which would make it all the more fun in getting one ;] lol jk.

Kfamr
07-07-2002, 11:26 PM
SNAKES?! NO WAY HO-SAY! I'm VERY afraid of snakes. My dad once brought a snake SKIN in the house and i had just glanced ta it and i jumped... the sight of anything dealing with snakes gives me the creeps! He left the snake skin in the garage on the bench thinking it was cool loking but he finally threw it away after i would NOT go in the garage! lol Their cool as long as their just pictures.

Welcome to pet talk!

SANDY FROST
07-08-2002, 10:49 AM
HI THERE,
THANKS FOR THE NICE WELCOME. I WAS AFRAID OF TRANTULA UNTILL I HELD ONE AND THEY AQRE COOL. I WANT ONE BUT WITH 3 CATS WHO LOVE TO
EAT BUGS I'M AFRAIF THEY WOULD EAT THE TRANUANTLA.
SANDY FROST:D

Karen
07-08-2002, 11:05 AM
Hey, Sandy Frost, welcome to Pet Talk - we have a garter snake in the yard somewhere, but we don't see it often, like most wild snakes, it's pretty shy. But I once found its shed skin amongst the daylilles, must have been a good spot to rub up against, all those stems!

I have always thought snakes were really neat, I was a disappointment to boys on the playground in elementary school when they would find a snake and chase the other girls with it, and they'd run up to me, and instead of running away, I'd ask to hold it! ;)

SANDY FROST
07-08-2002, 11:10 AM
Hey cool. Finally someone else has a snake. COOL.
thanks for e-mailing .
Sandy Frost:cool:

ellensy
07-08-2002, 11:36 AM
S-s-s-n-n-a-k-e-s-s?? brrr, im afraid of snakes too! but my cousin used to have one and he said they are cool pets. :cool:

WElcome to Pet talk!!! :D

lovemymaltese
07-08-2002, 12:13 PM
Sorry, I don't own a snake.

NoahsMommy
07-08-2002, 02:13 PM
Their colors are orange and cream color. And the other one is red and and cream color.

Cool!! You have "tabby" snakes!! :)

tokay teen
07-09-2002, 05:27 PM
Hi sandy glad that somebody likes snakes to my favorite species of animals is reptiles so i like snakes too but i never had one :(

SANDY FROST
07-09-2002, 09:39 PM
HI THERE,
ONCE YOU GET YOUR FIRST REPTILE YOU CAN'T STOP. THEY ARE EASY TO
TAKE CARE OF. LOW MAINTENCE. DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THEM TO THE VETS FOR A BUNCH OF SHOTS EVERY YEAR. I STARTED WITH A FROG AND NOE I HAVE FROGS,LEOPARD GECKOS,CORN SNAKES,BOX TURTLES AND CATS.
YES I HAVE A ZOO. BUT IT IS SO MUCH FUN.
SANDY FROST:cool: :cool: :cool: :) :)

tokay teen
07-10-2002, 09:27 AM
:) I agree with you it is alot of fun to take care of reptiles and they are the best pets for me because since where i live there are so many bugs outback i only have to go to my back yard to find my tokay food.Oh and heres a ? that I have do you know any place that I can go to get a snake or maybe someone that has one that has to give it away if so please tell me, Later :cool:

Pythonious
07-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Don't intend to be mean.. but you people need to shed the diaper and stop being so scared! It's a snake.. cornsnakes don't (hardly ever) bite, and they're beautiful. It's not a "tabby" snake, it's a cornsnake! ahhh you cute little bunny wabbit and kitty cat lovers..

AdoreMyDogs
07-23-2002, 06:44 AM
Welcome, Sandy!

I enjoy snakes a lot. I have had snakes and many different reptiles in my younger years. In high school I was so facinated by snakes and reptiles that I had a really nice collection. I had a gorgeous walk-in terarium which housed many different species of lizards from an iguana to a crevice spiny to swifts and skinks. I had maybe maybe 10 at one time. I also had a snake that I rescued from my biology lab at school. It was a black racer and it was non native of Michigan, yet the teacher was going to set it free if none of the students wanted it. I wanted it REALLY bad, especially since it wasn't a native species, so I took it home with me. It was beautiful and very tame. Never once did it bite me or threaten to. I enjoyed all of my reptiles.

Corn snakes are gorgeous. My black racer was pretty but he was not very vibrant in color like corn snakes are. He was pretty and shiny black though :)

Oh and about the trantuela, I held one in my zoology class in college once. I was a bit nervous because I didn't want to be bitten but I really wanted to know how it felt walking along my hands. It was the coolest thing! It was leaving a trail of webs as it walked along my fingers and hands and wrists, and the web was SO strong! It also had little suction cups on each of it's legs which felt really neat.

Anyway, welcome.

sujei
07-25-2002, 12:38 PM
i once saw a sinloan milk snake if i am correct. i was in heaven i wanted "her" so bad. alas someone bought her before i had the chance to russel up funds:( i'll find her kind again;) i love snakes. i love any animal x-cept any spiders cause i got bite by them and it didnt agree with me at all(i think it was alergies), cochroaches(self explainitory, and mosquitos casue they love me and my blood. i am a magnet for them. they even go through my clothes.:eek: when i go out with people no else gets bitten cause they all go to me.:mad: they joke and call me their natural walking, talking bug repellent lol other than that. i am an all animal lover

SANDY FROST
07-25-2002, 02:05 PM
:D I'm not a fan of cockroches or flys. but i do like crickets.
Sandy FROST

ramanth
07-25-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I have always thought snakes were really neat, I was a disappointment to boys on the playground in elementary school when they would find a snake and chase the other girls with it, and they'd run up to me, and instead of running away, I'd ask to hold it! ;)

Me too! The boys hated me because of that. I was, quote, "NO FUN!" ;) :D

Snakes, Salamanders, Turtles.... most girls would run screaming... but not me. :D

I've always wanted a snake growing up, but my dad is afraid of them. Now that I have Kia, I'm afraid she would try to eat it.

Fett
07-25-2002, 03:34 PM
You did rescue that salamander you found in my parents garage, letting it go in the swamp by your parents house.

You also found that turtle in the Bark Park, far from the lake, and brought it back to the water, after Kia sniffed it a while. LOL

I've never seen you with snakes yet though......

ramanth
07-25-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Fett
I've never seen you with snakes yet though......

I wanted to hold every single snake in the Reptile House at the Detroit Zoo. :D Especially the Pythons and Boas.... :)

Heather Wallace
07-25-2002, 05:15 PM
I dont have a snake, but here is a pic of me with one a few years back when I was on holiday.