PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Call Wednesday..

Toby's my baby
02-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I did not expect to find anything for modeling ever in northern Minnesota, where the biggest town around here has under 10,000 people, but I was looking the in "help wanted" section in the news paper today, and found an ad for modeling/acting. It reads something like this:

Models/Actors, age 0-78+, all sizes. We pay $50/hour +- Needed for TV, Magazines, etc. No experiance required. Just bring a snapshot

Me and my twin sister told my mom about it, and surprisingly she agreed that we could go. I'm very excited, which I know, I shouldn't get my hopes up, but just going and seeing what it is like will be fun. I have no idea what to expect. When I was really little, about 2 or 3 my mom took us to a modeling thing, but my parents took us home because they didn't know if we would want to do it. My mom and I were talking about doing modeling recently, and she said she wished she never would have walked out that day.

...Now just to figure out what picture to bring?!?, I'll need everyones opinions when I get some photo's together.

junescrater716
02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!

BC_MoM
02-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Good luck! You and your sister are both gorgeous - so I don't think it matters which photo you bring in! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
02-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Beth, you and your sister are PERFECT for modeling! You two are absolutly gorgeous!! Good luck, and have fun!! :) :)

Catty1
02-24-2007, 04:25 PM
When you are there, get the name of the agency...and maybe Google them to see if you can find out anything about them.

If you are selected, you may be asked to put up money for professional photos, etc. But beware of being asked to pay for things you shouldn't.

If you can, contact a modelling agency via email or phone, or even contact a model you know for information. Though it sounds like your mom knows some stuff about this.

This IS exciting - just make sure it's legit, ok? :)

buttercup132
02-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I was watching the Tyra Banks show and she said no professional modeling agency would put a ad in the paper. They usually end up scaming you. You aren't supposed to pay for anything. Don't take your clothes off even like brush off the shoulder. If they ask you to then I would walk out. They usually offer "packages" saying you get a certain amount of frames for a certain amount of money , but that is a scam.
Heres the link to maybe give you more info.
http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/show_recaps/show_recap_thu68.html
I'm not trying to scare you or anything but I personally wouldn't go.

areias
02-24-2007, 04:43 PM
They have had a LOT of scams based around modeling, people paying big bucks to get into it, and then turning around and the "agency" is gone. Just be careful, but have fun if you go! Try checking out the legitimacy of the agency, like Catty1 said. :)

Toby's my baby
02-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Good idea everyone. I totally forgot about all the scams out there. I'll be sure to check them out and make sure they aren't scams. Hopefully it is something "real" and not a scam though.

shais_mom
02-24-2007, 11:37 PM
good luck and BE CAREFUL! :eek: :)

Miss Z
02-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Wow! I would love to do some modelling, but around here there's not too many agencies prepared to take on teens. I'm sure you'll be great as you are VERY pretty. :)

applesmom
02-26-2007, 04:29 PM
If you don't have prior experience in modeling I suggest that you read several of the sites listed here before going. Googled modeling scams (http://vivisimo.com/search?tb=vivisimocom&query=Modeling+scams&x=25&y=11)

The daughter of a friend of mine was recently scammed by an ad that was very similar to the one you responded to.

I hope the one you're going to is legitimate. Good luck!