PDA

View Full Version : Cystoscopy - if you know this word

Catty1
02-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Can you tell me about it?

I have been so stupidly healthy all my life that I haven't ever needed a test like this. I WILL phone the doc's office and ask them to define "local" anesthetic LOL. (The letter from them says I'll be able to drive back to work/home afterwards...easy for THEM to say! Mom is taking me there and back!)

Anyway, just wanted to hear real-life experiences as opposed to a doctor's letter.

Thanks! :)

borzoimom
02-18-2007, 09:02 AM
I have had two- one with a local, one with anethesia but still out patient and went home that day.
They use a scope to take a look at the cyst. Depending on what it actually is, they may take a sample of it. Both types were relatively easy- with the second one- just feeling groggy for the day of when I got home from the anethesia.

RedHedd
02-18-2007, 12:26 PM
They'll let you drive home alone? I've had many in and outpatient surgeries and even with local anesthesia, they wouldn't let me go home alone. I guess it depends on the facility and their protocol for the various procedures. It sounds like a simple surgery. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

kimlovescats
02-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Never had one, but having someone else go along for any type of procedure is a smart thing, I think!

Hope everything goes well for you!

Hugs,
Kim

K9karen
02-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I have had two- one with a local, one with anethesia but still out patient and went home that day.
They use a scope to take a look at the cyst. Depending on what it actually is, they may take a sample of it. Both types were relatively easy- with the second one- just feeling groggy for the day of when I got home from the anethesia.

Same here. personally, I like the anethesia "local" cause I don't want to know what's going on. regardless, I always have someone to chaueffer me when I have a procedure done.