PDA

View Full Version : Good vibes needed for Ripley and Rumor

jazzcat
01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I'll be taking Rocky, Rumor and Ripley to the vet at 4pm today. It was time for Rocky and Rumor's annual check up anyway but I noticed this weekend that Rumor was having diarrhea and she hasn't been eating much since Sunday night. She also threw up last night. Problem is today it seems like the majority of the poos in the litterbox are mushy so I'm afraid it is spreading. I pray it's not whatever Moxie and Decker had back in Oct. and Nov. That was a nightmare and a bugger to treat.

Ripley is going because he has been acting very odd lately and he made a point to spray the bathroom wall right in front of me last night, GRRR! I guess he is trying to tell me he doesn't feel well. I'll let the vet figure it out, maybe a UTI or maybe just part of his kidney failure. He may need more sub-q fluids.

If you wouldn't mind we could use some prayers and good vibes. Thanks.

Killearn Kitties
01-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Hope things go well at the vet. We want Ripley and Rumor healthy again!

Medusa
01-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Mind? It's what PT specializes in. :)

Blessings,
Mary

Donnaj4962
01-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Lots of warm thoughts and good wishes coming from me, Tabby, and Sashie in Indiana. Let us know how things go.

catlover4ever
01-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Poor babies....good vibes coming right your way....keep us updated.

Catty1
01-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Hugs and prayers are yours! :)

jenluckenbach
01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Many prayers for the R's.

kimlovescats
01-23-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm just now seeing this, Lori! I pray that everything went ok today. Can you update us?

jazzcat
01-23-2007, 11:28 PM
UPDATE:
Everything was great with Rocky and he's even lost a half pound since last year which was good. He weighs 10 pounds even. I've really been trying to help my fluffy guys lose some weight.

Rumor's fecal didn't show anything in particular but the vet thinks it may be hairball related again. She had a hairball blockage almost two years ago. He put her on an antibiotic to be safe and told me to give her intense treatments of Lax-Aire to help the hairball. I'm suppose to watch her to see if things improve. She too had lost a half pound -yay!

Poor old Ripley has lost a pound in past 6 months which isn't good. He's down to 12.04 pounds now. :( The vet says it's probably all due to the kidney failure and he said from the exam he can tell his kidneys are very small. He doen't think Ripley has any kind of UTI and that his spraying is probably more territorial/behavioral with the kittens here. Figures. :( Ripley can't handle change. The vet also said it could be from some cognative dysfunction (losing his mind) since Rip is starting to show some the signs.

Not really unexpected news but not the happiest for Ripley either. I just have this gut feeling that this may be Ripley's last year with us. Richard has that feeling too.

krazyaboutkatz
01-24-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Ripley's health is declining so fast. It's so hard to watch our cats get old and sick.:( I hope he'll be able to thrive for several more years. I'm glad to hear that R&R's appointments went well and that they've lost some weight. Hairballs can be a real problem and I try to give my furkids a dosage of hairball medicine at least once a week.

shais_mom
01-24-2007, 01:34 AM
**hugs**
I hope they feel better soon!