PDA

View Full Version : We adopted 2 dogs!!! UPDATE: With a PHOTO!!!

king2005
01-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Mr. Biggles & Bear.
They came as a pair at no cost (the Toronto HS adopts out free animals) & free meds for 2 months.

Mr. Biggles looks like a JRT, Silky, Maltese mix kind of dog He is about 12p & 8yrs old. Hes not a handsome looking dog with his under bite, but his personality is great & makes him SOOOOOOOOOOOO lovable!!!! His lovely silky fur was all matted & gross, so we shaved him baled so it can grow out nicely & even. His fur is sooooo soft now! We still have his legs to shave, as he was over stresssed with being shaved near his tail & snapped at Chad (not a biggy).

Bear is a pure Rottie "She" is 170p & 5yrs old. She has Hypothyroid & is on meds twice a day. Shes on light kibble & lots of walks & short jogs.

They are PERFECT in every way. They stay out of the trash, house trained, some obidence, sweet as hell, are ok to walk, LOVE car rides, & act as if they have always known us. Mr. Biggles sleeps on my bed 1/2 the time hehe Bear will NOT go upstairs, so we're working on that. If one of us leaves they both start crying... awwwww... When Chad & Andrew left to go to Ikea to buy things for our new home (we moved out last Fri), Mr. Biggles was crying up a storm the second the door closed. I called his name & he flew up the stairs & onto my bed where he slept for several hours with me.

Both are really big sucks!

We took them to PetSmart to buy them food, toys, bowls, treats & grooming stuff. Both were pretty darn good & got a free nail clipping, cause we had just gotten them & Bears nails were HORRIBLY long. Everyone at the store wanted to see them, as Bear is super fat & Mr. Biggles is so small. People are amazed when they find out they are a pair & love them even more when they find out we adopted them together.

Both dogs will not do well with other dogs in their house or with kids in their housem but outside all they want to do is play play & play some more!!

Its so hard to think that someone gave them both up & that they were at the shelter for 3.5 months. My goodness, we never expected to find 2 perfect dogs.

========

I stole the photo from the Toronto HS. A member here on PT stumbled upon the photo & alerted me, so I could show my babies off :D

Turns out Mr. Biggles might be a pure maltese... Mr. Biggles is currently shaved, as his fur was matted & nasty. It would have hurt him to brush all the ick out of his fur. In a few months he'll have his lovely long fur back :D

Bear looks thin in the photo, but she really isn't... her fat is on her sides & her back looks flat, like a table top. She also has about 10 butt cheeks lol Shes such a sweety & we all love them so very much :D

king2005
01-15-2007, 09:03 AM
OMG
Chad just called me to tell me that there was a HUGE breakthrough with Bear. She went upstairs on her own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 3 of us tried pushing & pulling her upstairs, but couldn't get her within 5' of the stair case.

Chad said she put her front paws on his bed & moaned to wake him up. Then she was talking to him & telling him off cause he wouldn't get up & help her into the bed with him lol Shes too fat to jump that high.

It takes both Chad & I to lift her butt into the back of the SUV :D

Shes so fat it makes her too darn cute! But she wont be tubby for long!

4 Dog Mother
01-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Congrats! But where are the pictures! Both sound very cute and it is always nice to get dogs who are already know the rules! Will look forward to hearing more "tales" about them.

Taz_Zoee
01-15-2007, 09:08 AM
That is so great that you were able to take both of them and not break them up!! We'd love to see pictures of them. :D

Chilli
01-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Congratulations!!! =D
They sound so great.. well-behaived and everything! And I'm so glad to hear of the breakthrough with bear! Its really great to hear of how happy you are with the two new family members.
Again, congrats!

king2005
01-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks everyone!

I cannot take any pictures as of yet, as the camera is packed away somewhere. We're still unpacking & setting up house.

We wern't really expecting to find a dog that we all liked, as Andrew has never had a dog & is a little iffy on caring for a large dog. Chad & I LOVE large dogs & not so much smaller dogs.. So when we saw & met these two it was the perfect match. Chad & I get a large dog to play with & Andrew gets a small dog that he can easly walk no matter how hard the dog pulls (Mr. B doesn't pull too hard, hes quite behaved).

Also both Chad & I wanted a Rottie, as we LOVE how much of a suck they are. The only bonus to having a Rottie is that its MUCH safer for me to walk in our neighbourhood. I know Bear is a HUGE chicken doo doo but we didn't get her for a protection dog. But because of her breed, I can go for a walk without one of the guys being with me, or without having to call a friend to meet me at my place. We do live in a VERY VERY bad area, & because I'm a small white female, I'm a good target saddly.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-15-2007, 09:38 AM
They sound like wonderful additions to your family and to PT - can't wait to see them!

JenBKR
01-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Congrats on the new additions Jess, that's wonderful! Welcome to PT Bear and Mr. Biggles :D

ramanth
01-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Congrats! Look forward to photos. :)

BC_MoM
01-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Wow, congratulations! But I refuse to comment further until we get some photos! :D :p

jackie
01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Congrats!

Who is the owner officially, I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but its best to establish ownership in in case one or all of you decide to move out.

king2005
01-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Congrats!

Who is the owner officially, I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but its best to establish ownership in in case one or all of you decide to move out.

Already done as only one person is able to sign for the dogs.

Lori Jordan
01-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Congradulations too your new aditions be sure to update with lots of picks.