PDA

View Full Version : My persin has a problem with plastic

DementedCat03
06-19-2002, 09:58 AM
i have a persin cat that allways likes to lick plastic......is this normal ........or abnormale , she doesnt eat just spends hours licking it............................please help :confused:

yumyum6970
06-19-2002, 10:42 AM
Not sure..my dutchess (birman) likes to sniff at them and stick her head inside i tell her no and she stops :)

yorkster
06-19-2002, 02:27 PM
Wylie licks plastic bags too. I have heard that alot of plastics products contain some animal fat as one of the ingredients, which is why many cats like the taste.
My other cat does not do this.......just Wylie. :confused:
Whether or not it's a problem, I am not sure. I just usually put the plastic bags where he can't get to them. He does not seem to bother anything else.

noahmason
06-19-2002, 02:39 PM
My persian really enjoys hidding out and playing in plastic bags, but has not ever licked them (that I know of). He can never pas by a plastic bag with out jumping in it :D

aly
06-19-2002, 06:50 PM
When Shiloh was young, she had a fetish of licking plastic bags, but she's over that now and hasn't done it in a long time.

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2002, 12:27 AM
Storm loves plastic also. He'll sometimes chew the ties to the plastic bags and garbage bags. I hide all plastic bags too.

Pickle
06-20-2002, 05:36 PM
Yes, Pickle (moggie) licks plastic bags - also the cotton cover of the futon. I don't know why she does it but it doesn't seem to do her any harm :eek: