PDA

View Full Version : False alarm

kuhio98
11-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Halo has a silly way she likes to be cuddled. When walking down the hall, she will race to get ahead of you and do a little "kitty collapse" at your feet. Naturally, you're forced to stop. She arches her back so I bend over and "scritch" up and down her spine. Then, she jumps up, runs a few more feet, collapses again, and gets a few more scritches. Who knows why she does this, but it seems to work for her.

So, today we do the first part of the routine and I feel a solid, hard lump at the base of her tail. OH SH*T

We do the second part of the routine and I feel the same hard lump. Before she can jump up and run a few more feet, I grab her to do a more thorough examination.

Turns out, she had one of my cough drops stuck to her. :o :rolleyes: :D

critter crazy
11-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Ha ha hahah ah ha ha!! Kitty obviously had a cough, and thought she should take care of it!!! Bad kitty for giving your Meowmie such a fright!!

kimlovescats
11-17-2006, 11:37 PM
OH HOW FUNNY!!!! Did you tell her it works better in the other end??? :eek: :D

jazzcat
11-18-2006, 10:36 AM
LOL, I could see that giving you a scare.

Maybe Halo is working on a new use for cough drops?

momcat
11-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Wow, that must have been pretty upsetting! Glad all is well, Halo's little trick must be hysteerical to see. Our kitties sure know how to get what they want!

lizbud
11-18-2006, 11:06 AM
OH HOW FUNNY!!!! Did you tell her it works better in the other end??? :eek: :D

LOL. :D Glad she didn't try to eat it.

Soapets
11-18-2006, 11:24 AM
What a hoot! :D She was just testing you, keeping you on your toes! :D

Deb

rg_girlca
11-18-2006, 12:14 PM
OMG, I almost spat my tea out. LOL!!!! I never expected that answer. That is just too darn funny. :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Am I the only one who is the least bit curious as to HOW SHE GOT THE COUGH DROP ON HER BUTT AND WHY IT WAS DAMP ENOUGH TO STICK???? :rolleyes: :D :D :D :rolleyes:

I suspect it would be a fascinating story!

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2006, 02:16 PM
LOL Cats sure get into the darndest things.:) I bet she started playing with the cough drop and then decided to unwrap it and then licked it but didn't like the taste of it so she then decided to roll on it. I guess we'll never really know will we.:) My parents cat loved to play with my dad's cough drops. She thought they made the best toys.;)

moosmom
11-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Kuhio98,

When I first read your post I thought you were talking about MooShoo. He does the exact same thing!! Many times he has almost killed me going down stairs. It's a hoot to watch him, but man, the bruises I have from him doing that are endless!!

Freedom
11-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Thank you for a wonderful laugh to end a busy day!

Glad it all worked out so well and so fast for you.

catmandu
11-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Scrappy 2 loves to come and see me as I usually have a bit of cheese when I am on the computer.
And she will rub my hand and say
Share?
I love that cough drop story, thank god it was nothing serious.

kuhio98
11-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Am I the only one who is the least bit curious as to HOW SHE GOT THE COUGH DROP ON HER BUTT AND WHY IT WAS DAMP ENOUGH TO STICK???? :rolleyes: :D :D :D :rolleyes:

I suspect it would be a fascinating story!Well, I've been sucking on cough drops for about 3 weeks now trying to get over pneumonia. Sometimes, I have a violent coughing spasm and the cough drop becomes a projectile. I thought I was doing a better job at rounding them up. :o Evidently, Halo has her own way of collecting them for me......

catcrazylady
11-19-2006, 10:04 AM
LOL!!!! That is not what I was expecting! I was holding my breath and then I spit my coffee when I got to the end! :D :D :D I'm so glad that is how it turned out and I needed that laugh!

Sorry to hear you've been sick though. Hope you're better soon.

catnapper
11-19-2006, 10:06 AM
ROTFLMBO!!! Oh Lisa, I have tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard.

I have to wonder though.... didn't you smell the menthol emanating from her nether region? ;) :p