PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I am Rascal, I am a cat!

gini
06-10-2002, 12:48 AM
Rascal did the dearest thing today and I wanted to share it with you.

I have a lovely Korean family that lives right next door. They have three children and the eldest is 13 - a darling girl named Jennifer. The parents do not speak English very well, but the children do and Jennifer comes over to see me and asks for help with her homework.

Each time that she visits, Rascal tries to rub against her legs, but she is very afraid of him (all of the children are afraid of him). Up until today he usually left her alone and went into another room.

We were sitting at the dining room table going over her paperwork and Rascal jumped right up on the table. He is not allowed on the dining room table so I put him on the floor. Jennifer was horrified.

The next thing I knew, Rascal gave me this amazing look and jumped on the table again - and sat down right in front of Jennifer. Rascal was going to educate her about how wonderful cats are - forbidden table be darned.

I softly told Jennifer that Rascal wanted to be her friend and she didn't have to be afraid of him. I suggested she carefully pet him around the ears and chin (his favorite). She was so tentative you would have thought I had a tarrantula not a large orange tabby. Her reaction was "oh, he is so soft". She petted him for a minute or two and then all by himself (with another look at me) Rascal jumped down.

Hello, I am a wonderful cat = lesson number one - complete and Jennifer passed with flying colors.

I can hardly wait to see what he does for lesson number two!

C.C.'s Mom
06-10-2002, 12:57 AM
That's so amazing! Rascal is really truly a very special boy. I can just imagine it.

AmberLee
06-10-2002, 12:58 AM
Wonderful story! I'm looking forward to the sequel, too!

koxka
06-10-2002, 01:12 AM
I'm looking forward the second lesson too!

koxka

Former User
06-10-2002, 02:38 AM
Oooohhhh Rascal you naughty boy! I guess you had to show your mommy that for once you have to break some rules to make new friends! I bet you are happy now that Jennifer petted you! Good boy! Let us know what you do next! Headbumpies from Casper and Kitty.

06-10-2002, 02:48 AM
what a great thing you did there Rascal !! Teaching a human that cats are not evil at all !!!!
Keep on the good work !! Jump at that table as much as you like !! You WILL get a new friend in Jennifer !!!

http://community.webshots.come/user/sydneybilliepets

lynnestankard
06-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Oh well done Rascal -what a sweetheart - you knew Jennifer would come round didn't you? Clever Boy!! Carry on the good work now you've started won't you?:D :D

Lynne

yorkster
06-10-2002, 03:28 PM
SO CUTE!!! Way to go Rascal!

Edwina's Secretary
06-10-2002, 04:40 PM
Think of it...to reach age 13 without petting a cat! How wonderful of Rascal (and you) to finally introduce her to this joy.

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2002, 12:04 AM
Great move Rascal. That's such a sweet story I can hardly wait to hear about the next lesson. Please keep us posted.:)

NoahsMommy
06-12-2002, 07:27 PM
How cute!!! It is amazing how in tune they can be huh? When I hurt my car (by hitting my garage with it :( :( :( :( ), Noah ran to me while I sat crying (wasn't that bad, but the day was going terrible). He poked his head under my hair and licked my tears away. When he was done, he looked at me with the sweetest face and let out a concerned little meow....talk about making my day MUCH, MUCH better!! :)

So, how is Jennifer doing with Rascal now? BTW, where in L.A. do you live? We live in Newbury Park.