PDA

View Full Version : The best dry cat food for 9 yr old?

noahmason
11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone. I am trying to find a healthy dry cat food for my 9 year male cat. Have you had any good/bad experienceswith Innova Evo? I'm worried about the high protein, if that will be a problem since he is older. He has been eating it for several days and last night threw up as well as had constipation and then diarrhea. Is he just getting used to it? Can anyone recommend a good quality cat food???

I really appreciate any help!!!

noahmason
11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone. I am trying to find a healthy dry cat food for my 9 year male cat. Have you had any good/bad experienceswith Innova Evo? I'm worried about the high protein, if that will be a problem since he is older. He has been eating it for several days and last night threw up as well as had constipation and then diarrhea. Is he just getting used to it? Can anyone recommend a good quality cat food???

I really appreciate any help!!!

Catty1
11-08-2006, 08:45 PM
An instant dietary change can cause what you describe - but this ought to really be addressed to a vet, or at the VERY least, to a qualified pet food store manager.

Protein is an issue if your 9-year-old has kidney issues. Does he have these?

Maybe it's time to get the furry boy a checkup, if he hasn't had one for a while.

Sonia59
11-09-2006, 06:25 AM
I think a vet check and advice is best to do.

My kitties have Royal Canin, it is good quality. There are several sorts depending on cat health, age, activity, etc. Only your vet could tell which one to choose for your fur companion. I always try to give high quality. On long term, it is beneficial for the cats but it also depends on what you can afford.

mrspunkysmom
11-09-2006, 08:32 AM
You could try Innova regular. It's a good food, too, but largely ignored by the cat-loving populace.

noahmason
11-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks for your responses! My cat has been in for his regular checkup this summer and is a healthy boy! I just recently decided to change his food to something that was better for him and have been trying several brands. Either he won't eat them or they make him sick (he threw up every day when I gave him Royal Canin.) He's got a very sensitive tummy and digestive track, so maybe I'll will go talk to the vet. So far I have gone on the recommendations of local high end pet stores and that hasn't been successful.

Thanks!

Catty1
11-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Royal Canin makes a digestion-sensitive Duck and Rice that is very good.

My friend's cat always threw up, couldn't keep wet food down - and on the RC, she is doing fine.