PDA

View Full Version : Fatty Little Lady..........

Husky_mom
10-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Finally I was able to find a FEMALE BETTA!!!

I just HAD to had her, as Ive NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a female EVER before....... so I brought her home and my, is she FAT LOL, this was just yesterday adn today I saw what I assume are eggs.......little white dots, and she is soooo big and fatty.......

Im going over today to see if they get more (the lady told me today there are supossed to arrive more bettas, hopefully females)

I have no pics as of now, but shes is kind of grey with some blue and red on her fins, at first I thought she was a male plakat, but I saw the obvious ovopositor (sp?) (now that Ive seen it I know what to look for ;))

well I just thought to share :)

Zippy
10-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Congrats on your first female.She sounds beautiful.What is her name??

zoomer
10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Congrats on your new addition and I hope the babies hatch :D! What did you name the beautiful-sounding girl? I hope to see pictures soon!

Chilli
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Congratulations! =D
I just love my female bettas, and I bet yours is just beautiful!
I'm happy that you were able to find a girlie.. hopefully they'll get more in.

Husky_mom
10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
thanks!!..........searching for a while I deducted she is a multicolored one, but still have no clue on the tail LOL........she seems quite simetrical, but not sure LOL........ shes currently called as Fatty miss Patty......LMAO sorry just a dorky name........

I still havent put her with a male, so no babies yet.....;)

I went......... and no ladies arrived :( , but Ill keep waiting and have my fingers crossed.......I cant wait to have a community with a few females :)

Husky15
10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Congrats! Bettas make wonderful pets. I have had many in the past and my sister has one at the moment. All of ours were males though.

Husky_mom
10-27-2006, 11:49 AM
actually I had only males until thi s lady arrived LOL......and to your surprise.....well........i dont think its much of a surprise......hehe I went to another fish store and got 4 more!!!........LOL I felt in a lucky streak since like i said before i never saw females.......so I took all 4!!!

Ill download some pics today so I can take new pics of the ladies, which 2 of them instantly showed vertical lines.......naughty ladies..........LOL

theres fatty miss patty.......kind of grey with blue and red (multicolored)

then Fiona......(multicolored also but has more red than blue and a daker body)

then Zebra (shes mosly light grey with very dark horizontal lines and her fins are outlined in black)

then we have the two naughties: stil nameless

one is like turquoise teal iridiscent and turns darker when........well you know ;)

and the other one is almost beige and transparent fins but she gets also dark and her fins turn RED!!.......quite impressive if you see her cooled off LOL

Chilli
10-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Congratulations on even more girls! =D
They sounds wonderful.. I can't wait to see pictures!