PDA

View Full Version : Max needs a PT miracle- sad update :-(((

Sonia59
10-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Max is a permanent resident of the shelter where I help and has Feline leukemia. He has it since he was born and he is now four years old, although the vet prediction was that he would probably not live longer than a year...

I was at the shelter yesterday evening to hear about a very sad news: Max has stopped eating and he is vomiting, also blood. Up to now the vet could not find a specific cause. Max is declining very fast and I have almost no hope that I will see him again next Tuesday. I have the feeling that only one of these Pt miracles could save him!

Yesterday he still came to me when I arrived and he slightly purred (I hardly heard it) when I pet and kissed him, but not more. He is a very sweet, friendly and talkative kitty, usually.

Here is a picture of him I "stole" from the shelter website, this is the only one I could find:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Max3.jpg

Please, keep Max in your thoughts! I will keep you posted when I know more but I have to go now because I am at work and of course, I am crying while typing this.

AbbyMom
10-25-2006, 06:36 AM
Pet Talk prayers have been said for Max. I pray he recovers right away. He seems like a sweet kitty and I'm glad you were there to show him some loving.

Catty1
10-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Prayers for beautiful Max. What a handsome boy!

He does know he is loved, that is for sure.

I hope this illness is not related to the leukemia, and that he recovers. I know it doesn't sound good...but you never know.

Whatever happens, Max has outlived the predictions - and been warm, fed and LOVED!!! And he knows it...just look at that face.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you. This is heartbreaking.

moosmom
10-25-2006, 09:02 AM
What Catty1 said!!

Karen
10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
He'll be in our prayers.

Queen of Poop
10-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Prayers and tears for Max.

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2006, 11:41 AM
He's such a handsome cat and I hope he'll recover from whatever is wrong with him. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Barbara
10-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Sending all my best thoughts for Max. He looks serious- as if he knew something.... Don't forget- the cats know how to go in elegance- it's just us who don't want to let them go....

Killearn Kitties
10-25-2006, 01:09 PM
What a gorgeous cat Max is. I am sending all my best thoughts to you and Max tonight. Please eat, sweet boy!

trayi52
10-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Prayers for Max. Sending prayers and good thoughts to Max and you.

Willie

Logan
10-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh Max, you will definitely be in our prayers. :(

Cataholic
10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Praying for Max!

Sonia59
11-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Thank you all for the nice thoughts you had for Max even if you don't know him.

Unfortunately Max is not with us anymore :( After one week of fight the disease got him and Max was put to sleep on Monday. There was no other choice. The last lab results were very bad and Max's liver was highly damaged. During the whole week he did not eat at all, but remained very peaceful and sweet with everybody. As he has been during his whole life.

Rest in peace sweet Max. We will never forget you.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Max.jpg

Max has a buddy (also a Feline leukemia cat), Romeo who is alone now.
Here is a picture of Romeo:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Romeo5.jpg

It is so terribly empty at Romeo's place now, so heartbreaking :( I could hardly look at the empty sheep bed (the one you see on the picture with Max) yesterday evening.
We are trying to give Romeo a lot of attention. The first day he was very stressed, looking around with big eyes, smelling everything. Yesterday he was a bit better, pretty quiet when I cuddled him but after some time he was clearly looking (searching) for something. So everyone at the rescue will watch him carefully, we wait a few days to see how he reacts, and if he does not get used to Max's absence, we will consider finding a new leukemia companion for him in another shelter.

trayi52
11-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I am so sorry, Sonia59, I had no idea. I hope you are doing okay. I know you have to be feeling so sad and lonely right about now.

My prayers are with you, sweetie.

Rest in peace, sweet Max.

Willie

Killearn Kitties
11-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I am so sorry that Max had to leave us. Poor baby, he deserved so much more out out life than he got. :( Rest in peace, sweetheart.

I will be sending all my soothing, happy thoughts to Romeo. I hope he settles down. Please let us know.

Medusa
11-01-2006, 04:41 PM
So sorry to hear about Max. And Romeo, too. Max outlived the prognosis and he had a good life. Be happy about that. He was such a handsome boy and so is Romeo.

Blessings,
Mary

Laura's Babies
11-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Awwww! Rest In Peace Max, you were a very handsome boy! Look in your your buddy Romeo and let him know you are alright.

Sonia59
11-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Thank you for the support. Max is now an angel, there is a thread in Cat Memorial. I will see Romeo tomorrow so I'll let you know how he is.

RIP sweet Max

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/MemoriamMax.jpg

Sonia59
11-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Romeo was much better than last week. :) I found him very cuddly. He spent some time on my lap, pushing my hands as soon as I stopped scratching his head! He enjoyed very much the kisses he received :D and we also played. He is eating well and does not seem to search for Max anymore. He is just more relaxed although he seems a bit sad (or is it that we, humans, want to see it like this? Difficult to say). He has a lot of visit but we still think that it would be nice to find him a FelV friend.

They are (luckily) difficult to find. It seems that the vets use to put them to sleep when they test a positive cat :confused: Or may be is it because they are already very bad when they are tested? :( A few rescues seem to have some kitties, but they don't want to give their babies, as we don't want to give Romeo. ;) Still searching around.