PDA

View Full Version : Another one has passed on.

rg_girlca
10-23-2006, 11:27 PM
First off I want to thank you all from the bottom of my broken heart, for all your prayers and hugs, but despite our efforts and prayers, we lost the widdle black & white one tonight. :( The one that had the marking on his back that looked like a bird in flight.
Here is the picture again of him.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p5532db9466d72f3f361aa2b4089852f9/ec6bc778.jpg

The only one left is the gray one with the white ring arounds his neck. You can see him on the left in the picture. He was the first one born and yet he is the only one left now. He seems stronger than what the others were and is still suckling off of Sweetpea even though we are feeding him with a syringe. I still don't know if she is producing milk because when I squeeze her nipples, nothing comes out and yet her mammary glands are swollen now. He isn't crying at all like the others were doing and seems content. He also has one heck of a belly. After I feed him, I don't have to stimulate him to go PP because Sweetpea does that for me. Bless her sweet little heart. She has been a trooper through all of this and still being such a good mommy.

Please keep the prayers going that at least this widdle one will survive. I am so tired of crying. :(

K & L
10-23-2006, 11:29 PM
This is all so sad Lorraine. My heart goes out to you. You've done your best and nature took over. Hugs to you and Sweetpea.

jazzcat
10-23-2006, 11:35 PM
I'm so sorry Lorraine. I'm sure this very hard on you. Lots of HUGS.

trayi52
10-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Lorraine, I know this is so hard on you and Sweet Pea. I am so sorry about you losing these babies. Sending lots of Hugs and Love.

Love,
Willie

Prairie Purrs
10-24-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm so sorry. To have this happen after the relief of having her deliver them safely is just heartbreaking.

I hope the little gray baby hangs in there. You and Sweetpea are certainly doing everything that can be done.

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Lorraine, I'm so sorry to hear about the black and white kitten.:( I'm praying extra hard that the grey and white kitten will continue to thrive. Lots of hugs and positive vibes are also being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

orangemm
10-24-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this latest sad news. How awful for you and Sweetpea. Poor little girl and her helpless kits. Let's pray this lil guy makes it.

jenluckenbach
10-24-2006, 05:20 AM
How very heartbreaking. :( I am so sorry.

Prayers still coming for mama and baby.

sasvermont
10-24-2006, 05:33 AM
You know, as much as we hate to hear it, cats and many animals were "set up" to reproduce many, many off-springs. Why? Cause many of the little ones just don't live long in the wild. I think Mother Nature has a way of handling the weak ones and it is completely out of our control.

I am sure this will leave quite an impression on you and your family but please do not take it personally. These little ones were just not meant to survive. Maybe Onezie will survive, but the others, well, they just needed to go to the Bridge.

((((((((((((((((((Lorraine)))))))))))))))))

I hope Sweet pea stays healthy and just as sweet as she can be.

((((((((((((((((Sweetie Pie Sweet pea!))))))))))))))))))

Soapets
10-24-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm continuing to keep you and Sweetpea and the one remaining baby in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, little one!

Deb

catlover4ever
10-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Oh Lorraine, I'm so very sorry that this is happening. (((HUGS))), prayers and good thoughts coming your way for Sweetpea and her last widdle one.

catnapper
10-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Lorraine, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this. I cannot imagine the grief you are experiencing right now. RIP sweet little ones. (((HUGS))) to you.

Freedom
10-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Heartbreaking. But as many others have said, you can't take this personally. Sweetpea is so young herself, and you have done wonders already just by taking her in and taking such good care of her and the little ones as they started their journey over the bridge. Best wishes to you Sweetpea and the little one.

Catty1
10-24-2006, 08:23 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Killearn Kitties
10-24-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through this, Lorraine. How absolutely heartbreaking. :(
Thinking of you all the time. Please take care.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Oh no..... this must be so hard for you... :( You were so happy after Sweetpea had delivered her 5 kittens like a perfect mom.... Now she is losing them all :( How terrible :( :( :(

Cataholic
10-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Come on little one, hang on! Hugs to you, Lorraine. I am so sorry.

Randi
10-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Oh Lorraine, it's heartbreaking. :( I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

I really hope Sweetpea and the little one will stay healthy! Positive thoughts are being sent for them, and you. :)

((((hugs))))

Laura's Babies
10-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Poor babies. Sometimes, no matter what we do, it just don't work or help any but at least you tired and did your best. They had the best chance with you than they would have had anywhere. Just hold on to that! Now you know that everything was done that could be done and it is nobodys fault.

critter crazy
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
This is just so sad! But I know what you are going through! My mom and I(years ago) had the same problem, with a cat we found. After she gave birth, she also did not produce any milk, and the kittens started dying. We took them to the vets like you did, but it was too late! You are doing the best you can, it is very heartbreaking, but just concentrate on the little one left! It is all you can do, there was a reason why the others didnt make it, and it is out of your hands. You gave them the best that you could, and I am sure they all thank you! Especially, Sweetpea! You are her guardian angel!

kimlovescats
10-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry!!! :( I have a good feeling about this lone little gray one though. The first born is usually the strongest baby, and often the only one that survives!!!! I have seen that happen several times, right here in my own home! Crying is a good indicator as to whether or not they are content, feeling well, eating well, etc... If the others squealed a lot, then that was a sign that they weren't doing as well. If this little guy seems content and only cries as he is trying to find mommy, then I'm betting he will make it!!!

Hang in there, honey, I know it's very hard!!!!

HUGS,
Kim

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2006, 12:07 PM
How sad! I'm so sorry! Sometimes I think babies are sent into the world just for a tiny bit so they can experience a little love on earth to remember through eternity.

I'd keep feeding the little one until your vet says it's ok to stop.

Prayers continuing from me for you and Sweetpea and her little one(s). :(

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Im so sorry to hear about the loss of the 4th baby. Hopefully little firstborn will be strong enough to make it. Poor Sweetpea..as she must be wondering what is happening to all her babies. :( so very sad and heartbreaking :( :(

catmandu
10-24-2006, 02:48 PM
The Sad Fact Is That Sweetpea Was Not Mature Enough To Have Kittens, They Could Be Born, But They Were Not Strong Enough To Live.
The Four Kittens Will Be Raised At The Rainbow Bridge And Will Become Eternal Kittens, At The Peak Of Cuteness.
We Are Praying For The Little Gray Survivor.
Those Eternal Kittens Will Be Waiting To See You At The Rainbow Bridge.
One Fine Day.

Donnaj4962
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear that another widdle one has gone to the RB. How heartbreaking for you. RIP little one, RIP.

phesina
10-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Oh no.. I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy.

Hugs,
Pat

AbbyMom
10-24-2006, 08:35 PM
I am so sorry. Sweetpea is just too young to have kittens. She's only a kitten herself.

Hugs for you and your family.

Vermontcat
10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm so sorry that you lost the little black and white kitty too. :(
I hope that the last kitten is a real fighter and survives.
It must be hard for you to deal with so much loss in such a short time.
Sending hugs your way.

rg_girlca
10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry!!! :( I have a good feeling about this lone little gray one though. The first born is usually the strongest baby, and often the only one that survives!!!! I have seen that happen several times, right here in my own home! Crying is a good indicator as to whether or not they are content, feeling well, eating well, etc... If the others squealed a lot, then that was a sign that they weren't doing as well. If this little guy seems content and only cries as he is trying to find mommy, then I'm betting he will make it!!!

Hang in there, honey, I know it's very hard!!!!

HUGS,
Kim

Gosh Kim, I pray that you are right and yes, it has been very hard on me.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and your sympathies.